feeler: mopar autocross!?

-

wracks71

Reaction score
i may have a contact that has all the workings to set up a hell of an autocross course. i have had this idea in the back of my head for a while,but not enough funds for all the equipment. the guy that has the stuff is building a early 70's RR g-machine,so he is into mopar's as well. question is,how many people would be interested in actually running an autocross for fun OR for competition reasons? it sounds like alot of you guys are on the right track,but might be a little aprehensive about showing up to an SCCA event with an "old" car. i was a bit myself the first time until i duted my detist's amg mercedes! anyway,the event would be somewhere in the east tennessee area convienient to him i suppose. let's hear it guys AND gals!

If my Charger was finished and I lived near you, I'd do it for sure. I'm building it for street cruising, road course, road rallys and autocross events.

sounds nice! bring her on down! i can't believe there is no more interest than this!!

I would autoX my Dart. Sounds like a lot of fun. I live up in the mountains so I am use to runing windy rodes. It is fun when you can smoke on a new mustang in a car that is 39 years old.

sounds nice! bring her on down! i can't believe there is no more interest than this!!

It's location, location, location. It's hard to justify 300+ mile trip for an autocross. You need to mix the old with the new to get your count up enough. Start with area LX clubs, new Challenger clubs, SRT neons guys, and some Dodge Shelby people.

We at Spring Fling Speed Festival have a tough time getting that for a Mopar road course track day. We did pull from OK, WA, NV, NM this year though.

It's location, location, location. It's hard to justify 300+ mile trip for an autocross. You need to mix the old with the new to get your count up enough. Start with area LX clubs, new Challenger clubs, SRT neons guys, and some Dodge Shelby people.

We at Spring Fling Speed Festival have a tough time getting that for a Mopar road course track day. We did pull from OK, WA, NV, NM this year though.

I would love to go on up to your event but it is hard to get the time off of work to go. Mabby I will make it one of these years.

I would love to go on up to your event but it is hard to get the time off of work to go. Mabby I will make it one of these years.

That's the bummer about track days. They almost always are during a weekday when you can rent the track privately while there isn't a weekend race going on.

There are some weekends you can get rentals, but the costs go up dramatically!! So then you end up renting it to large group and the participants get less run time and it's more crowded on the track.

i would love to do the spring fling deal out there! a hell of a drive for me! i thought i would throw it out there and feel out the interest.

I would love it, I am leaning towards building my 66 fish for handling and not so much straight line racing. It would be a blast!

i would love to do the spring fling deal out there! a hell of a drive for me! i thought i would throw it out there and feel out the interest.

I agree.

Years ago, Rick Ehrenburg of Mopar Action did a track day at Summit Point? Raceway in like Virginia??? It was featured in the magazine. Looked like about 5-8 older Mopar and 5-8 newer Mopars. They still had to have other makes fill in to meat the attendance quota.

Some location that can still draw from NY, PA, NJ would be ideal.

-
Back