Feeler thread - 6.1 & 5.7 motors, headers, Other hemi parts

-

Uhcoog1

Reaction score
Contemplating a few changes, so I've got to sell a motor (or two).

6.1 complete minus alternator. Includes 6.1 LX exhaust manifolds, coil packs, AC compressor, PS pump, Throttle Body, 6.1 intake, etc. etc. Missing Alternator. Can add that if you want (with correct bolts). 40k miles.
Complete 6.1 - $5000 + shipping obo

5.7 forged motor - currently at the machine shop - looking at needing to bore all 8 and buy new pistons as a result of my recent melt-down. Should clean up with minimal machine work (<.010). K1 rods, 6.1 forged crank. This made 415 rwhp on a mustang dyno before the pistons got mad at me at the standing mile. FRI scud cam (218/224 on 113 + 2 with ~5.88/5.88 lift). 1,500 total miles.
Block, ARP main studs, Crank, and Rods- ???
Add GTP stage 3 heads - ???
Additional parts to make complete - we can discuss

Prior to piston failure:

Post piston failure:

*Putting 2 sleeves and 2 pistons. And polishing crank and putting fresh bearings for good measure.

If the 5.7 sells, I will sell my headers that fit around the factory power steering box. I'll include the mids I made, but the mids will be cut near the connection to the rest of my exhaust. $250

All prices plus shipping. Located in NW Houston, Texas.

Depending on what sells or doesn't sell, I'll probably have a number of other hemi specific parts available. Will update thread.

First thread changed. Seems I started to damage #2 piston as well, so the right move is to bore and buy custom pistons. I'll probably head down that path this weekend, so if you want a deal on a 5.7 block, 6.1 crank, K1 rods, etc, let me know ASAP.

Do you already have another block? Just wondering why sell the 6.1? Did you figure out what exactly hurt your first engine?

Do you already have another block? Just wondering why sell the 6.1? Did you figure out what exactly hurt your first engine?

Yes - went lean with detonation and higher water temps than tuned (220 vs 180). all at 7,000 + rpm for 10+ seconds.

You are a bad influence. I just spent $1750 on a borgeson box and the new TTI headers that fit around it. ha.

So my 5.7 headers that fit around a factory power steering box are FOR SALE.

Hum--someone mentioned detonation on another thread?????? is the intake for sale?????--Steve

Did you go through Peter for the Borgeson? You won't regret it.

Yes- Peter is a good guy. Wanted to bring him the business as he's given me free advice in the past.

Hum--someone mentioned detonation on another thread?????? is the intake for sale?????--Steve

Everything is for sale for the right price ;)

But I'm not looking to sell the intake at this point. So you'll have to be pretty convincing on your offer! lol

-
Back