Not open for further replies.

AlV

Crabs in a barrel
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Contact seller
Sorry for the cross post.

If you have a rusty old fender (or a fender you don't mind parting) I need the nut that is welded to the fender that receives the bumper screw.

See pictures. Thanks! AlV

EC0F7FE6-609C-43F2-BEFB-F05826E55971_zps0dpxlo9r.jpg

2DD2AC25-AD3D-4D08-9176-3AE48668F690_zps5cwzuhrc.jpg

I can send you one, just knocked it off a 73 sport fender. Just curious, how are you going to attach it and not kill your paint?

I can send you one, just knocked it off a 73 sport fender. Just curious, how are you going to attach it and not kill your paint?

Thanks for taking the time to respond and for finding one for me. I'll send you a PM.

As for the Paint... That is going to be tricky.

I have a few ideas but nothing firmed.

First I need the part then I'll figure it out what to do next.

I honestly don't think I can do anything that's not going to cause me to have to deal with paint so I am coming up with a plan to minimize the impact.

First thought is panel bonding adhesive.

Second thought is a lot of heat shield Jell, grind small spots and quick tacks.

Worst case I have to repaint the fender which would really suck, I will share the good and bad of what I do on this forum in my build thread.

Thanks for taking the time to respond and for finding one for me. I'll send you a PM.

As for the Paint... That is going to be tricky.

I have a few ideas but nothing firmed.

First I need the part then I'll figure it out what to do next.

I honestly don't think I can do anything that's not going to cause me to have to deal with paint so I am coming up with a plan to minimize the impact.

First thought is panel bonding adhesive.

Second thought is a lot of heat shield Jell, grind small spots and quick tacks.

Worst case I have to repaint the fender which would really suck, I will share the good and bad of what I do on this forum in my build thread.

It might not sound so High tech but when we had our cuda painted we had them mix up a spray can with the same exact paint and just used that as touchups were needed , It worked GREAT and was super easy

It might not sound so High tech but when we had our cuda painted we had them mix up a spray can with the same exact paint and just used that as touchups were needed , It worked GREAT and was super easy

Good point. I didn't mention it earlier but I do have can of color they mixed up for me 😄.

Thanks For stopping by with the part! Nice surprise!

My pleasure. Had a few things to take care of in the area, stuck the part in my pocket when I saw you were in Jersey. Was pure luck/coincidence that you were only a couple miles off the route I was going. Always great meeting FABO members and checking out their cars - especially builds in progress. LOVE your paint job!

Just use a regular nut under the fender phalange, it will just be double nutted. Lol

this is the smartest thing to do....no welding or damage of the paint and nobody will see it....use a full nut on the bottom and a half nut on top under the bumper

another idea on the paint. get napa to make up a can for you. they duplicate colors. my can cost me 10.00

Attachments

• 028.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 171
My pleasure. Had a few things to take care of in the area, stuck the part in my pocket when I saw you were in Jersey. Was pure luck/coincidence that you were only a couple miles off the route I was going. Always great meeting FABO members and checking out their cars - especially builds in progress. LOVE your paint job!

Kieth!! Next time your heading out this way drop me a line!

this is the smartest thing to do....no welding or damage of the paint and nobody will see it....use a full nut on the bottom and a half nut on top under the bumper

I think you guys are onto something here. The double nut seems very viable.

Here is a shot from underneath the gusset. The well of the nut is almost flush with the steel so securing it shouldn't be a big deal.

b43e6f58-fc96-4834-af4c-2b1b3f52fe33_zpshzidynet.png

Just need to paint it.

94ADBE25-3393-4954-B661-82B37B56210A_zpsaappftke.jpg

as for the paint, maybe jb weld from the bottom?

Thx Bigus! I think the solution GTSDustin and bbrroowwnn have devised will work.

another idea on the paint. get napa to make up a can for you. they duplicate colors. my can cost me 10.00

Covered on the paint, Mark gave me a can of the blue he mixed up for touch ups and minor repair.

Just noticed you are in New Jersey.. We go down there a lot to race at ATCO and ENGLISHTOWN .. Maybe we can meet up sometime..

Sure thing, drop me a line when you're heading down. I love meeting FABO family.

Well I finally got around to fixing it.
I got an airbrush and painted up the donor zkx14 brought over (Thanks!) then gave it the double nut treatment.

CE1814EA-9A1C-4832-A9B6-ED3D2A172885_zpsiczyikow.jpg

739A420D-02C5-4FEA-8636-8D1F56E598F7_zpsp2dhpryz.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back