Fender Signal Light Bulb Size

-

1966er

Reaction score
Does anyone know what size the little light bulb is that's inside the optional top fender signal housing?

Also, where can I get one?

Thanks for the link to that thread, but none of those bulb numbers match what I have .

Here's a picture of the broken bulb.

Anyone else help me on this?

Attachments

• 100_1055 [Desktop Resolution].jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 120
Sweet! Sorry my link didn't help ya. Glad you found it. It's subjects like these I wish we had an area...in the forum that had it listed as a "Sticky"

The factory bulb type is a 330. The 394 is probably dimmer.

330 has a plain brass base that will eventually corrode into the socket, making a damnuisance. Here's the equivalent bulb with nickel-plated base that will not corrode, for a whole lot less money per bulb than some vendors are charging.

(Oh yeah: and it's not a 394, which is a whole lot dimmer than the 330).

The one I removed has the nickel base and the one I ordered shows nickel base.

I know that these has never been removed from my 37,000 mile car as there was gobs of undercoating around the housing under the fender.

At any rate, for .54 cents a piece, I bought 5 extra to have.

As far as the dimness goes, if it lights so that I see it, works for me.

I'll post the results when I receive them and install.

I always have problems with these bulbs so I periodically take them apart and blast everything with WD40 including the screw base and the base of the bulbs.

SSD: I bought a ten=pack of those Narva lamps, and they are not the same as what is in my fender-top turn signal indicators. My lamps have a base that looks like these LED units, as can be seen at industrialleds.com. They have a flange at the base, and no "blades" in the sides.

P.S. not necessarily endorsing the LEDs, just using as a photo reference.

Attachments

• Midget_flange_lg.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 91
SSD: I bought a ten=pack of those Narva lamps, and they are not the same as what is in my fender-top turn signal indicators. My lamps have a base that looks like these LED units, as can be seen at industrialleds.com. They have a flange at the base, and no "blades" in the sides.

P.S. not necessarily endorsing the LEDs, just using as a photo reference.
I wondered why the picture in the catalog wasn't a 330. Maybe that's why they say you'll never run out.
I order them from Aircraft Spruce and they are nickel plated.

-
Back