Few little issues need some guidance on.

-
so just a guess - since your oil light flickers (I'll bet it does it at idle in gear ) it may just be that the idle speed is too low. Once you bump it up it might be easier to start.

Regarding
do not let this go!!! I can still remember passing a car on a 2 lane road, having the damned bypass hose blow off, shoot anti freeze through the radiator out the front where it sprayed up and all over the windshield at 60 mph and blinded me. (year was 1978 and yes I'm still driving the car but only through pure luck).

Fixed the Bypass hose so were good there haha.

The dummy light does it at idle once warmed up and will flicker once or twice then stop put it in drive or anything and the RPMs drop the light doesnt come on. Im thinking its either a loose connection or sensor is going bad. Im installed actual pressure guage and all this week in it.

It starts alot faster now that i changed the Black ignition box to an Orange one but still a little slow. Still have to check the rotor and all in the distributor. Compression was great across the board, fuel is good, and plugs is good. Im thinking it may just be a weak starter. Ordering the Dakota mini starter tonight.

Mini starter pretty much fixed the long start issue. On a cold start (50ish degrees) 2 pumps of gas and starts up pretty quick now. Definitely the best mod ive done to the car.

Brake/ turn lights work off same circuit. Are turn signals working. Also check your dimmer switch, as it can cause some issues.

Alot of Torqueflites leak at the shift lever. Takes a small seal, hard to get it with tranny in car.
So found a small leak on the trans cooler line in the back, pan gasket is leaking a little, but majority of the fluid is coming from bellhousing area i think i didnt coach the torque converter in correctly and causing from seal to leak.

Brake/ turn lights work off same circuit. Are turn signals working. Also check your dimmer switch, as it can cause some issues.
Yes the turn signals all work fine not reversed or anything. The dimmer switch works also unless youre talking about checking the wiring and all.

So found a small leak on the trans cooler line in the back, pan gasket is leaking a little, but majority of the fluid is coming from bellhousing area i think i didnt coach the torque converter in correctly and causing from seal to leak.

If the tranny front seal is leaking.

You can loosen the 4 converter bolts and with a breaker bar on the harmonic balancer bolt, crank the engine over a couple of turns an then tighten them backup.

Try this ^^^^^ seems to make sense to recenter your torque converter to the trans front seal.

Update: Fixed most of the issues i was having however, i still have the horn getting constant power, transmission is still leaking even after re-setting the torque converter but not as bad, and oil pressure dummy light still flickers. If it pops on i tap the dash and it goes off.

Installing a triple gauge cluster to monitor it better. Timing is set and runs great at 8* BTDC. Once these other small issues are fixed time to start working on the interior.

-
Back