Fifth Avenue Throttle Body Fuel Injection

-

salinasjoel

Learning Daily
Reaction score
So I need someone to tell me why I can't pull the EFI unit off of an old 5th Ave and put it on my 273. What problems would I run into? Or is it something that if I had the EFI system available and a little bit of know how I could make happen on the cheap? Just out loud thinking as I process whats next on my car.

There's another member doing exactly that...and selling a kit with the fuel pump, etc.

I don't think the 5th ave ever had efi. The last year was 89 and they still had carbs on them IIRC. But, the throttle body efi that mopar used should bolt on the 273. The draw back is there isn't any way to reprogram the engine controller.

Sorry was thinking about something else when I said Fifth Avenue (it's where my master cylinder came from) either way just any tb efi system. Would the program really be so different from a 318 to 273? Again just thinking out load and don't have a ton of money especially since it's not exactly a priority. But I just don't see why it's not done more often.

The Mopar TBI system was crap (and that's being nice). If you want TBI the Rochester system is much easier to adapt and tune.

Some of you may have forgotten, when Chrysler brought back the Imperial based on the J bodied Mirada and Cordoba in 1981, the 318 in that was fuel injected. If you want any indication of how well that system worked, Chrysler later offered carburetor packages for those who were tired of fixing the fuel injection system.

-
Back