Finally a solution to my burnt spark plug wire problems

-

65goldcuda

@65_Cuda w/408/727/Dana 60
Reaction score
Hey guys ever since I got my engine installed I was having trouble with melting my spark plug wires on my headers . One of the fundamental challenges with using the through the fender wall headers is that they actually come up out of the cylinder head as opposed to going straight down toward the ground like most headers . This leaves almost no room to be able to deal with spark plugs and wires, including keeping the wires away from the header . I fried two brand-new sets of MSD spark plug wires over the last year . I tried everything from insulation boots to using header wrap and also using the multi angle sparkle boots various types of wire looms. It seemed like no matter what I tried I was still having burn through problems and thus arcing out on my headers. One day I saw these valve cover mounted spark plug wire looms on a car similar to mine at a car show. I found them on Summit racing in there about 50 bucks. This allows you to keep the wires perfectly tight keeps them away from the headers, and also allows for a nice clean look. You can see my before and after shots in my comments below..note although I kept my red MSD ignition system I opted to go back with black Morroso wires with a 90° boot ( although 45° might have also worked) and I painted my MSD box and my distributor cap "gold" to match the car and engine block. Hope This might help somebody that has experience similar problems... http://m.summitracing.com/parts/RNM-1103-90-P

Attachments

• image.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 233
Here's a picture before :

Attachments

• image.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 226
-
Back