Finally Getting To My Wagon

-

valiantwagonguy

Reaction score
I'm finally beginning the job of fixing up my little 65 Valiant station wagon. Owned this car over 30 years now and now it's her time. I have this blog where I write about crap I'm doing like car and motorcycle work,travel,making art and so on. Here is a link to it where there are a few posts about the wagon .
Cars
So many things got in the way before I could finally get to this car but now it is actually beginning !

IMG_8707.JPG

Actually it's too late.
Yur old now, so it's not gonna be any fun at all.
Yur gonna have to make a lotta parts, and so everything will take too long.
And everything is so expensive now.
Yur gonna get frustrated and depressed.
So lemmee save you from all that; just ship it up to me with a bill of sale, and let me suffer all that crap.
I am, of course, just kidding.
Enjoy.

BTW, I had a 65........ back in about 74. I put a 340 into it, and had a blast.

I'm finally beginning the job of fixing up my little 65 Valiant station wagon. Owned this car over 30 years now and now it's her time. I have this blog where I write about crap I'm doing like car and motorcycle work,travel,making art and so on. Here is a link to it where there are a few posts about the wagon .
Cars
So many things got in the way before I could finally get to this car but now it is actually beginning !

View attachment 1716048053
Nice wagon

YOu will get 'er done YOU will just get a little tir'eder a little quicker!
Used to I could walk to the shop from the house in about 2 minutes, now it takes me 6 minutes. If I fall on my ***, it could take half the friggin day!

That's awesome! Are you going to put wagon quarters back on it, or the style that's on it now? I'm sure it will look good either way.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I'm using Barracuda quarters just like last time.I'll never get it done waiting for wagon quarters to appear .I already have all my sheet metal.Been collecting it for the past 20 years. Got some nice rust free stuff to use and it's getting a 65 Barracuda front clip this time. I'm keeping it a 170 with the 65 A833 that's in it now with a 7 1/4 323 sure grip .I like this combination.It's fun to drive and gets really good gas mileage so I can travel with it.

YOu will get 'er done YOU will just get a little tir'eder a little quicker!
Used to I could walk to the shop from the house in about 2 minutes, now it takes me 6 minutes. If I fall on my ***, it could take half the friggin day!
I know that story all too well ! But,it's still fun even at 6 times the time it takes to do

Actually it's too late.
Yur old now, so it's not gonna be any fun at all.
Yur gonna have to make a lotta parts, and so everything will take too long.
And everything is so expensive now.
Yur gonna get frustrated and depressed.
So lemmee save you from all that; just ship it up to me with a bill of sale, and let me suffer all that crap.
I am, of course, just kidding.
Enjoy.

BTW, I had a 65........ back in about 74. I put a 340 into it, and had a blast.
Yeah I'm old, 74 in a couple months, but I still ride my motorcycle 400 miles up to my camp fully loaded in a day and sleep in a tent .I'll never give up what I love because of age.Everyone I knew who did kicked the bucket real quick when they stopped . You can't stop .

That's a nice little car. :thumbsup: I like your blog too. Is that a Guzzi? Had one!.

Always liked that wagon. It's gonna be a nice ride.

Oh it's a wonderful little car . It puts a smile on my face whenever I get behind the wheel.Took it out yesterday and had 3 or 4 thumbs up in the short time I was out.
Yup. Me too every time I drive Vixen. Takin her out today to our monthly cruise in at the Bent Axle.

2017 V7 III. I liked it but traded it in on a Triumph Thunderbird. Still have that but also bought a new Triumph Speedmaster last summer. :thumbsup:
Oh yes , the modern ones.I'm more into the vintage bikes.Mostly I collect mid 60's Yamaha 2 stroke road bikes .Have quite a few of them then there is my MG 850-T ,a 1971 BMW R60/5 ,and a 1988 BMW K100RS. Been riding 58 years ,you ? Cars are a secondary addiction

DSC03081.JPG

My1966RedYM!.jpg

Oh yes , the modern ones.I'm more into the vintage bikes.Mostly I collect mid 60's Yamaha 2 stroke road bikes .Have quite a few of them then there is my MG 850-T ,a 1971 BMW R60/5 ,and a 1988 BMW K100RS. Been riding 58 years ,you ? Cars are a secondary addiction

View attachment 1716048980

View attachment 1716048981
Nice! I like the vintage bikes too. I had a 1965 Bonneville when I was in my late teens in the late '70's, but haven't been riding all that time as life got in the way. Got back into it about 10 years ago. Find myself riding more and more as I get older. Late life crisis maybe.

:lol:

Mine , after a long time of work, waiting ,collecting parts is really close to move under its own power .. spring is almost here so my timing is pretty good if we don't have too many issues

valiantoutsidesideshot.jpg

Cars

View attachment 1716048053
An update .
Well it has begun .The quarters are at my friends house and last night I was looking around on craigslist when I came across this bumper lift for 50 bucks .My old friend Al had one we used for the 20 + years we built cars together but sold it when he gave up working.At the time I didn't think I'd ever need it but was I wrong.I can't count the number of times I said to myself I wish I had that tool.So,today I bought a ratty looking but functional one for 50 bucks.Now my friend Steve and I have a good way to get the 2 65 barracudas he has ,my wagon,and my 66 valiant convertible off the ground. Here is the original one with my wagon up in the air the day I brought it home back in 1994 and the replacement jack we will probably end up fixing all up. You never know what you'll find in the tools section of Craigslist

DSC01229a.JPG

00B0B_2hTHrRsGbsaz_0lM0t2_1200x900.jpg

-
Back