Finally Got A Gopro And External Mic!

-

805moparkid

Slant and AFX Guy
Reaction score
i know you guys have seen me post a couple threads over the last couple years about cameras... i had a very small window of what would work, putting cost very high, naturally...

So after the hero 3 black came out it finally had the features i wanted at a cost i could live with. still was pretty sad on the sound side of things though (online vids only, havn't tested for myself yet). So i bought a pro series external mic with good specs for what i wanted.

enjoy!

P.S. my friend is a nut

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJ92UCIjtfc&feature=c4-overview&list=UU2UfycLWJQRo0DnRrnW3KxQ"]First Dart Vid With New GoPro Black!! - YouTube[/ame]

You mind me asking, what did you pay for the camera, where did you buy it?

I see them used on CL, but seems like the price is always "might as well buy new"

that slant sounds sick

now that you can actually hear it it does! lol... my old vids my slant, hemi's, and single cylinder whizzer all sounded the same... distorted lol...

You mind me asking, what did you pay for the camera, where did you buy it?

I see them used on CL, but seems like the price is always "might as well buy new"

329 shipped thru amazon. i went with the black as it comes with the WIFI remote and some other goodies. the mic is not a gopro piece, in the vid on youtube you can look up the part number, but its a Audio-Technica pro series mic, about 65 shipped thru amazon if i recall, then the adapter cable as gopro decided a 3.5mm jack was a bad idea.... go figure

Very nasty sounding slant, Ed.

The audio sonds perfet :cheers: and holds up to high and low pitch sounds Ed =D> Yep :tongue9: That is one mean sounding build Ed :cheers: Very nice indeed =D>

The audio sonds perfet :cheers: and holds up to high and low pitch sounds Ed =D> Yep :tongue9: That is one mean sounding build Ed :cheers: Very nice indeed =D>

now if i can only get it out of the garage :banghead:

new window seals and kitty whiskers cost more than i paid for the car...

now if i can only get it out of the garage :banghead:

new window seals and kitty whiskers cost more than i paid for the car...

I noticed that in the video you made of your incar video at the race track
My son Creed works for a giant of a company that builds engines for JD, rail way componies and such, and he has found something like cat/ kitty whiskers.
Let me call and see if he can get us 40' of it on the cheep or even scrap ends, they are used for dust and bugs on generator packs for trains.
If (and it is likely) I can get some for free they are free to you as well.

I noticed that in the video you made of your incar video at the race track
My son Creed works for a giant of a company that builds engines for JD, rail way componies and such, and he has found something like cat/ kitty whiskers.
Let me call and see if he can get us 40' of it on the cheep or even scrap ends, they are used for dust and bugs on generator packs for trains.
If (and it is likely) I can get some for free they are free to you as well.

well i'll still need the channel run for the plexi though. but that would be cool if it looks like it should work. I don't think I need 40 ft

The audio quality is one of the main things I never liked about video's.
That one sounds pretty good Ed.

That car looks and sound great. wicked six... camera and sound quality is impressive... now post some vids of ya bootin down them Arizona staights

I forgot you had a /6. Sounds like a nasty small block. Great video. Quite clear in full screen too. The audio was the best. Stereo mike? Sounded like it. tmm

I'm jealous, that video resolution is so much better than my gopro2

yep im a sounds freak and made sure the mic was going to handle the loudness of the race cars.

The audio quality is one of the main things I never liked about video's.
That one sounds pretty good Ed.

a 100% agree. really i could care less about video, its the sound!

That car looks and sound great. wicked six... camera and sound quality is impressive... now post some vids of ya bootin down them Arizona staights

hehe i want to get it out so bad!

I forgot you had a /6. Sounds like a nasty small block. Great video. Quite clear in full screen too. The audio was the best. Stereo mike? Sounded like it. tmm

Yea its a Pro Series Audio-Technica stereo mic. not cheap but was the minimum for what im doing (in my price range).

and thanks for a 10:1 motor it has a nice bark to it, i think the long tubes help vs the cliffords

I'm jealous, that video resolution is so much better than my gopro2

this was 1080p/30FPS, i thought the 2 did 1080?

wow that was good watchin.......that is such a cool car ...your making it cool to run sixes

lol all of the above... :burnout:

im lucky to get out of work clothes anymore it seems!

both seemed ok ...the car is awesome ...makes me want to primer mine and paint the fenders flat ...really, your making that look cool.

normal looking AZ guy

both seemed ok ...the car is awesome ...makes me want to primer mine and paint the fenders flat ...really, your making that look cool.

normal looking AZ guy

haha were both rough around the edges... I have some work I have to put into the business before it can go into the dart so hope to have my trailer before MATS next year.

haha were both rough around the edges... I have some work I have to put into the business before it can go into the dart so hope to have my trailer before MATS next year.

ok, just take a compliment already and stop it :protest: ....your cool and so is your car :D:D

LOL

-
Back