Finally got my 360

-

6valiant5

Reaction score
As some of you know I was debating on whether to get a 360 or a 340. The 340 would have been great just to hard to find in my area and way to much money for the ones I did find. So bought a 360 for only $100 seemed like an amazing deal till we pulled a valve cover and and the sludge was horrible. Either it is a blown head gasket, head or a cracked block. First two fixable last one not so much. I just cant wait to pull it apart to find out, heres to another adventure.

I bought my 360 for 300 tore it apart yep needed a rebuild even new pistons,I now have 1600 in it and no heads on it yet.Good luck have fun.

Man I hope it does check out ok cause that was a great buy just hope it was a smart buy.

Damn thats a lot of money into a motor, what all you trying t do wit your car with that motor?

Not a hole lot just a mild build,pistons were 250, cam was 200, machine work was 700,and the parts to put the bottom end all together was about 500.In the end it will be worth it.I know the Dart one day will sell better with the 360 rather than the 318.

I am rebuilding the 360 for my 78 LRE, and it cost me about the same as Snake said only I had my heads reworked. I am out about $1200 for all the machine work and parts.

-
Back