Finally made a Pass with the Scamp

-

scampman416

Reaction score
Some of you no my car and I'm sure are wondering what is going on with it. Well I finally got to make a few passes at a small track at a Airport strip 1/8th mile. I only got three passes, they were back to back so no adjustments made at all.. The car came out spinning in first and sec but it ran a 1.43 60' 6.58 ET @ 107.8 mph The car ran Awesome and there is a lot of adjustments to be made and some seat time and a proper track, should be able to sharpen these #s quite a bit.

I was wondering if you made it out yet. That would make for some low 10 sec quarter mile passes. Very low.I had some friends up there in Mc Neil this weekend.

I was wondering if you made it out yet. That would make for some low 10 sec quarter mile passes. Very low.I had some friends up there in Mc Neil this weekend.
Low 10s that's what I was thinking, so I think there is a 9s in this bad boy yet with better conditions and a few adjustments. It had been raining pretty hard there Sat and Sunday morning. I arrived Sunday after noon just in time to make make two passes back to back and then straight into eliminations and I red lite first pass. My tire press was at 13 lbs.

Nice. Are you useing drag radials.? I was at mission this weekend. We got lucky in that the rains came sat night. Lost our time trail run sat morning but the rest of the day was great. Cuda ran good. 157 60 ft 10.99 quarter 121 mph. That's on drag radials through the mufflers.

Nice. Are you useing drag radials.? I was at mission this weekend. We got lucky in that the rains came sat night. Lost our time trail run sat morning but the rest of the day was great. Cuda ran good. 157 60 ft 10.99 quarter 121 mph. That's on drag radials through the mufflers.
Nice !!! what you running for power-what Engine ?

I run the MT street radials on the street but I was running my MTslicks at Mcneil 31"x 13.5
There was a few guy's from CR at mission this weekend, Steve Rommell with the 69 Camero street car he ran a 8.8 @ 153 mph

If your spinning the way you say your knocking on high 9's for sure :)

Motor is 499 cu with 373 gears. I talked to Rommel there, looking to run a bit of nitrous and wanted to get abit of advice from him. His car was running awesome.

-
Back