Finally the 66 Dart is here!!

-
Wow Scott! Thats a mess. I think I would pull the heads, and just scrap the rest. Nothing good ever comes from re-using parts that have been through that stress. I'll keep my eyes open for a good house with a shop. East end of Waterdown has some nice places, but lately, they have been allowing some bad elements to move in there...eh Wally?\\:D/

Yes indeed,

Attachments

• aidenMopars 007.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 245
  • aidenMopars 009.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 242
  • aidenMopars 010.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 245
  • aidenMopars 011.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 272
  • aidenMopars 008.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 260
Well I picked up the 73 360LA yesterday morning,it,s been disassembled for inspection.Funny thing is the guy I bought it from is an old Mopar racer,that used to race at my local track.He pulled this engine from a 73 Dodge truck for his sons 73 Dart,but the son didn,t want to drive a 73 Dart in his lastyear at school(grade 12)He opted for a Chebby Camaro instead?WTF?Go figure.LOL.Anyway,I was gonna pull the engine out of the 66 Dart today,but decided to go into work tonight for 6hrs(3:30-10:00pm)then come home go to sleep and up for 5a.m to start 2 weeks of day shift.:violent1:I,ll pull the engine after work this week while weather is somewhat nice.

Bill and Wally,I,ll be looking for a place with about 1 acre,a shop and a small house somewhere AWAY from close neighbours.:pirate:

Lots of space out here farther from town.Up Bill's way or Milgrove. Big difference from Oakville. People seem to be friendlier. Small town feeling. I'm lovin it already.

So good to here you have a block in hand
Winter is on and let's enjoy it, stay busy at work so you can
keep on keeping on.
I hope for the best on your other parts :colors:
spin and turn that crank and lock it in that new block brother :cheers:

Well I couldn,t stand it anymore,so after work I pulled the engine/tranny out yet again.I have tomorrow off work and will get it on the stand and ripped apart for inspection of broken peices.:eek:ops::angry7:The H-beams sure did a number on the block(warped and peices missing.Couple pics..
View attachment 66 Dart project Nov2010 381.jpg

View attachment 66 Dart project Nov2010 386.jpg

View attachment 66 Dart project Nov2010 387.jpg

View attachment 66 Dart project Nov2010 383.jpg

View attachment 66 Dart project Nov2010 384.jpg

View attachment 66 Dart project Nov2010 385.jpg

I can't wait to see the rod's that let go, get that trans off and let's take a look at the crank caps and rod jernels on the crank, Looks like a couple rod broke in half or away.

I knew it would not be long before you got it out so you and we can see what let go.

So I had the day booked off on wed. so I disassembled the 410ci carnage.Here,s a little history to the conclusion.
The second last time I went racing,when I fired the car up(was 12* outside)so I,m thinking no choke,she,s cold(running rough)well it turns out my float was stuck in the rear bowl,dripping gas in secondaries,turn engine off,tap bowl..everythings fine.I race for the day.Well I guess I should,ve pulled the plugs to dry out the cylinders(Doh!)cause when I turned it off with the stuck bowl,the gas ran into the cylinder.When refiring it up I guess it ignited causing it to hydraulic(forcing the cylinder down.I guess this is when my H-beam got bent.Not knowing I raced all day causing even more damage.So the next weekend going out,the engine just miserably failed causing even more catastrophic failure.Let me tell ya...lesson learned.Time for new valves,springs and might be lucky to get a couple new H-beam rods and pistons.I believe the crank is toast,pics not for the squeamish.LOL.I spoke with my engine builders(brothers)and I will be fixed up for $pringtime.
View attachment 66 Dart project Nov2010 388.jpg

View attachment 66 Dart project Nov2010 391.jpg

View attachment 66 Dart project Nov2010 394.jpg

View attachment 66 Dart project Nov2010 396.jpg

View attachment 66 Dart project Nov2010 395.jpg

That sure is ugly and yes, crank is toast, I sure was hopping it was saved :coffee2: know it is a wall hanger to remind us of what not to do if your engine is acting up. so sorry to hear this and I can't look at it again :sign9:

Alls OK Mike,with 192 passes at WOT it was time for a refresh anyway.This will not deter me from getting the smiles,good times and compliments from this beast...Clareese!I,ll keep you all updated with my new build.

Man that's fugly brother! Scott another thing to keep in mind when a fuel flood situation occurs is the oil can become severely diluted by all the gas so you should change the oil before racing again.

A clear cut case of "unscheduled engine disassembly". She was a good ol' horse though. tmm

A clear cut case of "unscheduled engine disassembly". She was a good ol' horse though. tmm
Not so Mike,if you go back a bit you,ll see I mention about my rear bowl sticking(me not knowing after firing up in 12 degree weather)When I shut it off,one or two valves would be open leaking gas into the cylinder causeing it to hydraulic at fire up.I should,ve pulled the plugs and changed the oil....had I known(Duh!):tard:

-
Back