Finally the 66 Dart is here!!

-
You won't regret using the schumacker kit, we used their stuff and it made it easy to put everything together. Car is looking awesome, you won't be disappointed with a V8, it will be worth the work and the cost.
Thanks for the encourageing words!I,m looking forward to the task!I even put off getting the Dart Sport out of storage for a few weeks,plus April showers!!LOL!

Hi,today was the day to yank the 6 and this weekend,I will get it sand blasted in the engine bay!My shumacher mounts arrived today also my tranny had a once over and had a stage2 shift kit installed,2500 stall is coming tomorrow.Wow!Just waiting on spitfires which will be here next week(fingers crossed)I found a 2x2 hole under the battery tray,so I,ll have to weld a patch in there.No biggie!I,m pooped!Also I drove to visit my Dad in the hospital,he,s doing good and will be out on Sat.Thank God he,s O.K!Updates soon,here,s some pics. of todays adventure,done by myself!Sheesh!

re and re of 66 Dart 001.jpg

re and re of 66 Dart 002.jpg

re and re of 66 Dart 004.jpg

re and re of 66 Dart 006.jpg

re and re of 66 Dart 007.jpg

re and re of 66 Dart 008.jpg

Looking good! You sure made quick work getting that slant out. The engine bay doesnt look bad at all compared to most. Are you consider doing a good degreasing and then a quick sand now? Its coming along, keep up the good work!!!!

Nice job so far. Haven't had that kind of fun for a while now. Last one I re and re d was a 383 in my 64 Fury. Wayne and Mike at Active Engines did the rebuild. Good guys, Iv'e known them since the good old days (late 70s).

Looking good! You sure made quick work getting that slant out. The engine bay doesnt look bad at all compared to most. Are you consider doing a good degreasing and then a quick sand now? Its coming along, keep up the good work!!!!
Thanks Badawg!There really isn,t much grease at all,what you see on fenders is a bit of surface rust and Alabama dirt,dust HaHa!I,m gonna blast,then primer and some paint.The outside of car isn,t getting painted for quite some time.The car has 97,000 miles and is in really good shape,rust wise.No show car and no #,s match here,now gotta figure what to do with the p.steering?I,ve got a manual box that I picked up lastnite from a guy!I guess try to sell it.

Who needs those silly options like power steering and air conditioning anyways? lol Ill take more cubes and horsepower over them anyday!!

You made quick work of that pull out and the engine bay does look really good. You have a great start there and the new engine is looking sweet too. That is really going to spice up your ride.
Best news of all is Back to work, I am happy for you. We are holding on by our bootstraps but we don't go down easy here either!

Nice job so far. Haven't had that kind of fun for a while now. Last one I re and re d was a 383 in my 64 Fury. Wayne and Mike at Active Engines did the rebuild. Good guys, Iv'e known them since the good old days (late 70s).
I used to work at White Oaks Automotive on Chartwell about 23 years ago,got laidoff in 87,got a job at Ford 2 months later and been there since.I enjoy accomplishments on my cars!

Got a couple hours in tonite,removed the 66 tranny from the 6 cyl. and searched out lots of spare stuff for the 360,
thermo-quad 4bbl.
electronic Dizzy and coil,wires
pulleys
fuelpump and hoses
I have the m.mounts now
2500 stall converter,flexplate
I dropped of my center section and removed 4.57 and replaced with 3.91,s for a little street action.That,s about it for today.It,s been a long Friday!Guys coming to pickup the 6 with the offy 4bbl. stuff tomorrow!

I,m looking at all this stuff thinking,man I,ve got to get this done quick!Spring is here and soon I,ll have to got lots of grass,open pool,clean pool,go racing!All AFTER work!Gotta get moving on this!Thanks for the compliments Dude,everytime I look at thee 66,I invision tire danglin!Not this year though,I,m going to buy me some Indy heads for X-mas!:iconbigg:

Today was so nice and sunny I decided to sandblast engine compartment.It,s gonna snow again this week!Took some pics. of my quicky cleanup job.Remember this is no show or 3,s car,just for playing at the track and some cruising.It was a quick job!So don,t laugh!Thanks!Am I ever glad I have a drivethrough garage,cause there was sand everywhere.

re and re of 66 Dart 003.jpg

re and re of 66 Dart 005.jpg

Scott, i dont know what you are talking about- that engine bay looks pretty damn good...makin it that beautiful must be making you anxious to place the crown jewel in there...the 360! lol..your making awesome progress on her man...Do you think your going to race the dart or the dart sport at the armdrop at cayuga? the 66 would definatly be a uniqe entry

I,ve signed up with the Dart Sport,but you never know?We,ll have to see how the 66 runs.If it,s quicker than the Sport,I,m gonna $hit!LOL!!

I,m going with the Spitfire headers,should be here or better be here anyday now.They were shipped last week!We,ll see how Harold has changed his ways?I mentioned guys on the sight and wait times,also told him I,ll be posting shipping times and waiting.The man could make a fortune selling headers for early small and big block cars!He said he,s stricktly making Mopar headers til stock is built up.We,ll see??

The motor,tranny are going in today,after I cut 6 cyl. duals of and out.Pics will follow later today.:headbang:

I slept in this morn. so no work today,but I,ve got alot done at home in the garage!First took off the little duals,only good for 6 cyl. and am making a deal with the guy thats buying the motor,second I took off p.steering(4 sale)and replaced with manual,third I got my motor and tranny in!!:headbang:I,m getting antsy to finish,but waiting on my headers.Here,s pics. of my afternoons progress.Now I know guys are gonna mention about the TorkerII intake and the re-built thermoquad,but I had them already(no spending yet)so on they go til I can afford new RPM and Holley!That,s the way things have to go sometimes.Low cost engine swap.I just bought 2500 stall convertor and shiftkit so I,m low on funds.Enjoy!Oh yeah,scored the mini-starter for $40 at the pick and pull.It,s fairly new and had elec. distributor kicking around also!

re and re of 66 Dart 003.jpg

re and re of 66 Dart 005.jpg

Right on. I'm starting to get jealous. I guess I'm going to have to get out there and do some work on my car today. I wont be able to do my V8 swap for at least a few months though. Your car is really coming along. Looks great.

Thanks Dude,between work,my daughter and my visiting my dad in hospital!I don,t know how I get anything done.

Man you are moving fast!! Its looking great though!! Keep it and keep us posted on the progress, looks like I need to get my butt in gear lol!

I,m just lucky to have found a motor and tranny already re-built for $?00.There is some advantages to a poor economy(the guy was hurting for ca$h)most add-ons I had from my 340 car that I switched to RPM and MSD.

-
Back