Finally!

-

TrailBeast

AKA Mopars4us on Youtube
Reaction score
All but one of my interior noises are gone now.

2x3 .080 wall subfram connectors.
Door mechanisms and rods are silenced.
Window regulators and window tracks greased.

I have one rear side panel that has a buzzing noise, from the exhaust reverb I'm sure.
A little 1/2 inch carpet padding in the right places will get that one.

I hate pops and creaks and rattles, and these cars are full of em.

Still fun as hell to own and drive though :D

That is great. Just curious, has your car ever been damaged? Mine took a hit and I figure that's at least part of the reason why it creaks and clunks.

It took a passengers side buckle on the front of the fender from some sort of a parking issue from a previous owner. (they told me thier mom hit a shopping cart return post) and it looks like just that.
Just enough to push the right fender back to the door edge.
I measured the frame points to points and it is still square though, so I added the subframe connectors and that it'self made a huge difference.
In my car the rods in the doors for the latches and locks rattled because the fiberglass weave around the rods to silence them was toast, so I split peices of 5/16 poly tubing and slid them over the rods where they went through the guides made into the inner door.
All silent now.

To answer your question about a hit and more flex afterwards, I totally agree with you on that theory.

That is great. Just curious, has your car ever been damaged? Mine took a hit and I figure that's at least part of the reason why it creaks and clunks.

-
Back