Finished out my trunk

-

phish1270

phish1270
Reaction score
What do you guys think? I carpeted the back of the fold down divider, built & carpeted custom doors on both sides to store things like the jack, tools, first aid kit & future battery in my '65 Barracuda. The divider still folds down with everything closed up & out of the way. Now I just need to clean the trunk lip & install the new trunk seal that I have had sitting on the shelf. I did all of this with a jig saw, some hand tools, cardboard, carpet, 1/4" plywood & some hardware.
Managed to take 2nd place for Stock A Bodies at a Plymouth Club show this past Saturday in Spencer, NC.

View attachment HPIM1851-E.JPG

View attachment HPIM1849-E.JPG

View attachment HPIM1850-E.JPG

View attachment HPIM1852-E.JPG

View attachment HPIM1854-E.JPG

View attachment HPIM1855-E.JPG

View attachment HPIM1856-E.JPG

View attachment HPIM1858-E.JPG

Wow, the compartments are a great idea. Much more nicely finished than what the factory gave us, you do clean work.

I like that a lot. Nice work. Did you use car carpeting for the trunk?

yoink! I was planning on finishing off my trunk as well. Love the storage behind the doors so am stealing the idea. Great work!

This is exactly the type of thing I was asking about last week. Love it. Do you have pictures of the process as well? Where did you secure the side compartments?

I like that a lot. Nice work. Did you use car carpeting for the trunk?

I used a Recycled Material carpet that comes in a 3' x 6' roll. It is made by Kraco & sold at my local O'Reillys. It matches the carpet that was already in the car really well. It was very reasonable, maybe $12 a roll.

Thanks!

This is exactly the type of thing I was asking about last week. Love it. Do you have pictures of the process as well? Where did you secure the side compartments?

I don't have any pics of the process but I can help out with some pointers & advice. If you PM me when you need some help I will shoot you my phone #. If you look in the 5th & 6th photos there is a trim screw in the upper corners behind the hinge. That is mounted through a hole I drilled into the metal structure there & then I have an "L" bracket holding the bottom just inside the back. I can try to get a pic of the "L" bracket if I remember. I cut the shape pretty tight so it is somewhat self supporting.
#1 thing that helped the most was making them out of good cardboard first, then it just took slight tweaking once cut out of the wood. The carpet made them a touch bigger also once wrapped.
I have thought about maybe making a kit to sell & sending it with some detailed instructions. I would have to check time & demand.

Thanks for all the compliments guys. :cheers:

That really looks great.Thats about as close as you can get to a new factory job.Good job

-
Back