Firing a .557 Rifle

-
The Marty Stoufford looking dude at the end was the hero of the bunch.

I'll bet the orthopedic surgeon for rotator cuff surgeries had a good relationship with their HMO.

i think i would develop wood. id hollow the butt and pour it solid full of lead. it might have better manners with 20 lbs in the butt.

Classic case of an improper stance..........

................if your'e are going to shoot a howizter, hold it like one.

Holy Shat !!!!!! Thats a BAD BOY !!!!!!!!

By the way these guys were flying around,hopefully theres only 1 in the chamber.

The last guy has got clue at least, lol. Pretty entertaining though..... almost every one the other guys would be lucky to tip the scales at 150.

Did some research on this rifle. Has really only one use.

Used to stop charging Rhinos and Elephants at close range !!!

What a bunch of "Nancy boys" especially the Abdul brothers. My wife didn't flinch like that when she fired my 18" barreled 12 guage with 3" magnum triple aut buck and that SOB will near tear your shoulder off. She did mention something about beating me with it though, hard to say still had my ear plugs in.:toothy10:

I have a 50 cal Desert Eagle that I rarely shoot....Most of my friends are big guys 250 lbs plus. We were out shooting and I let me son at the time fire the gun first. He weighed about 165 at the time. He shot that gun no problem. I reload it and had it to one of my corn fed friends and tell him to hold on tight he laughed at me and then took aim and pulled the trigger. BOOM the gun raised up and just about took a 50 cent piece chunk out of his forehead. For some reason I and the rest of my friends were laughing our ***"s off because he looked twice as big as my son......Funny Crap

I have a 50 cal Desert Eagle that I rarely shoot....Most of my friends are big guys 250 lbs plus. We were out shooting and I let me son at the time fire the gun first. He weighed about 165 at the time. He shot that gun no problem. I reload it and had it to one of my corn fed friends and tell him to hold on tight he laughed at me and then took aim and pulled the trigger. BOOM the gun raised up and just about took a 50 cent piece chunk out of his forehead. For some reason I and the rest of my friends were laughing our ***"s off because he looked twice as big as my son......Funny Crap

I'm still kicking myself! I had the chance to buy one for a grand and I passed. It came with a ton of extras as well :angry7:

I still like shooting my buddies Barrett the best.

And these are the people that are going to buy a firearm, what happened to training?

This is tremblingly powerful, though I'd love to shoot that canon.
What does one use this for other than Rhino/Elephant stopper?
Answer, entertainment pure and simple, watch 'em drop like dominoes.

Pretty funny in a 3 stooges way.

LCjeff

it is actually a 577 TRex, used to stop Cape Buffalo in Africa. Read somewhere that these buffalo, if hit and not killed, are known to turn and seek venegance on the shooter. I think the rounds are over $25 each. bullet weight is 750 grains.

One of the greatest videos..."Put your tongue back in your mouth!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjMADPkivxM&feature=related

I had a Marlin Cowboy in .45-70 with a 28" barrel and I'd bruise after 5 shots or so even with a recoil pad with my handloads. This, of course did not mean that I could not shoot it accurately it sure as shoot never jumped out of my grip.

Over my friends chronograph I was pushing a .458 450 grain bullet at over 2300+ fps. That's a whopper but not as big that .577. Very close to factory Winchester .458 magnum though and it would go straight through an old Ford tractor block with enough energy to kill.

Easy to lob those big bullets 1/3 mile or more in the Colorado mountains with my tang mounted peep sight and take out bushes. :)

I'm still kicking myself! I had the chance to buy one for a grand and I passed. It came with a ton of extras as well :angry7:

I still like shooting my buddies Barrett the best.

Yes that would have been a deal! I paid $1850 for mine and it came with an extra 44 Mag barrel which I have never used. The 50 cartridges are about 3-5 bucks each where I live depending on the day you buy them. Very expensive gun to shoot! If I was using it all the time I sure would invest in a reload set up!

sure those guys didnt have the right stance shooting that big riffle but i seriously think guns of that caliber should be semiautomatics wich takes some of the recoil out of them (think barret .50calliber wish i dont know the real name of i only know it as AG90 with that "flame arestor" taking alite more recoil out of the gun) and preferably they are better shoot laying down in my opinion.. cool video anyway

My buddy had the S&W 500 for about two weeks. It was so big it looked fake. I did shoot it twice before my hand hurt.
The story we still talk about today is the wanna be gangsta we worked with talking trash about the gun. You know the type, neck tatoos and dewrags. He was going to hold the gun sideways and shoot like it was a rap video. Until he saw the gun. He got back in his car after looking at it and never said another word to us. Figured our guns were bigger than his I guess.

-
Back