First Drive !!!!!

-

FASTBACK340

Legandary Member
Legendary Member
Reaction score
Yup. I finally drove the sunofabitch..... and boy did it feel GOOD!

http://media.putfile.com/CudaFirstDrive

If anyone is interested in a few shots of todays work, here ya go....

SANY0001-vi.jpg

Got to the garage at about 9:00am and planned out the day. I knew it was ultimately ending in a drive.... Here's the carpet laid out in the car.

SANY19-vi.jpg

Once the carpet was trimmed and glued, I pulled the seats out of storage.

SANY0011-vi.jpg

Tom stopped by for a while this morning. He had an obligation and missed the rides...

SANY0017-vi.jpg

My Buddy Cesar stopped by and helped me hump the seats in. Thanks Dude!

SANY0020-vi.jpg

I never realized how shitty my seats look.... I think that will be next springs project: new skins.

SANY0032-vi.jpg

And for the record: That shifter fits just fine thank you! It doesn't even come close to hitting the seat in reverse, 2nd. or 4th.

SANY0024-vi.jpg

I still have a bunch of little things to do, but the big stuff is DONE!!!!!!!!!

"My Buddy Cesar stopped by and helped me hump the seats in."

Yeah....Im just ganna leave that one alone....yeah......lol

Did you set off a car alarm right after you pulled out of the driveway? I loved doing that with the Scamp. The look on your face is priceless, like a kid in a candy shop, congrats!
Are we ganna get a burnout in the driveway video next?

"My Buddy Cesar stopped by and helped me hump the seats in."

Yeah....Im just ganna leave that one alone....yeah......lol

LLLOOLLL!!!!! I think I am too!!! since they are both bench...hmmmm..

Good job on the drive man!! You and Amy probably had a great ride! Glad to see another members car getting finished up. Keep it up John!

That was fun! LOL

The car sounds awesome!

Wow it's crowded up there isn't it. Everyone is parked out in the roads. You can tell I'm not a city slicker.

Way cool, man. Bet that was a great feeling finally getting her out:cheers:

LMAO at setting that car alarm off:toothy10:

Thanks guys.... it sure did feel GOOD! And yes, driving in Queens County is like one big drivers-ed class: you come to an intersection of one way streets and you check BOTH directions! Aside from the double parked trucks and the idiot trying to back into a parking spot, did you notice the guys double parked with their cars UP ON JACK STANDS?!?! Yeah...welcome to Queens!

Setting off car alarms is a favorite past time of mine.... 8)

The engine is a fresh 360 w/ Edlebrock heads, Comp. .488/.491 hydraulic cam, 10:1 compresion, 6 Bbl. and at the moment a set of beat-to-death Hookers w/ 2.5" pipes into 2 chamber Flowmasters. I have a complete TTI system that will probably go in soon. Lakewood scattershield w/ Centerforce clutch. 4:10 sure grip rounds out the package. The color is the factory LL1 Surf Turquoise.
SANY0017-vi.jpg

Good oil pressure...no noises....no overheating....and nothing fell off. A good first drive! :cheers:

I noticed the car on jacks stands and meant to comment on it. Frm visiting family in Astoria (sp) Queens I know thats a common deal there.

Very nice - glad to see your getting the bugs worked out - that has to be a blast cruising that beast around queens county!!

"nothing fell off". Funny. Nothing worse than that clank of metal hitting metal

I just got up and played that first cruise video again.... AWESOME! I can't believe it's driveable.

Hopefully by the end of the week I'll have her completely buttoned up and road-ready. More video to follow. :toothy10:

Cool,

But did you have a monkey in the back seat???

I noticed the camera stopped filming when you pulled up to the dude's with the Wife beaters.
I hope they did'nt steal your wheels.

Just kidding.

You sound as giddy as a school girl at the prom that just stole her girlfriends boyfriend.

I know the feeling because I just drove mine a couple weeks ago for the first time and I have noticed some bugs I have to work out yet before I can drive it "right."

That was awesome. Great to see you driving that thing. I can't wait to have that feeling again.

Congrats.

-
Back