first gun for primer

-

swifter

Reaction score
Ok guy's--Help needed,Don't want a argument here or start something I know everyone has a preference on this tool,First timer here and first time spraying,I'm at the point to spray epoxy on some parts on our valiant and need to purchase my first spray gun and at this point right now I'm only interested in spraying epoxy.so give a gun model or name to buy for primer and what I should spend--THanks--Steve

I used Harbor freight guns [with proper tips] for my epoxy and for the polyester filler we used sprayed fine, going to block it anyway.

HF purple gun; call hotline and get the 1.8-1.9 tip. Spray away.

They are decent guns for paint too.

I use a HVLP gun from matco, lower end gun,but is user friendly with primers and paints..

Yea the Harbor Freight purple gun is amazingly pretty damn good! At 30 bucks use it for a while and toss it! Good luck bud.

Yea the Harbor Freight purple gun is amazingly pretty damn good! At 30 bucks use it for a while and toss it! Good luck bud.
THIS!!! We used it and were surprised how well it worked. Just make sure to clean it. Also..Make sure when you change the nozzle for primer...change the needle also lol whoops

think cheap my old primer gun is an old binks 7 now were talking old school:cheers: and id still put it up aginst the new ones (I think)evon for paint with alittle tuning...lol Oboy you guys are keeping me going............Artie

They seem to be decent. Haven't used mine yet. If you watch the parking lot sales you can pick them up for 10 bucks, I just bought one.

Purple H.F shoots decent. Still like the Blinks for home paint jobs. (Yes I know about transfer efficiency, lol).

I've been using the larger gun in the harbor freight two gun set to shoot epoxy and urethane primer. I bought that set because it included two different tips for the larger gun, a 1.4 and a 1.8.

I shot my epoxy with the 1.4 tip and it worked great. Shooting the urethane primer was OK, but I could see where a better gun might be worthwhile. With the 1.4 tip it was difficult to build material. With the 1.8 tip, it didn't seem to atomize the paint as well even with the air screw wide open and the pressure was up above where it should be for an HVLP gun. It definitely helped to thin the primer 10% but the painter that was coaching me didn't think I should need to thin the paint. He loaned me a better gun and I could definitely see the difference.

Anyways it will get the job done, but there are better guns.

the biggest key to any paint gun.

A friend of mine used to lend out his spray guns to other people- his rule was that if he could tell what color you sprayed with it you'd never get it again.

That's an excellent rule

-
Back