First "legal" pot puchase ...

-

inkjunkie

Reaction score
in Spokane got this guy in trouble with his employer. Since he posted this he was offered his job back....I know some folks might not see the humor in this but I sure as hell do....

LOST MY JOB! still #1 tho!! (spokane)
I lost my job due to the news coverage of me being the FIRST PERSON TO BUY MARIJUANA LEGALLY IN SPOKANE! I regret nothing. But now im jobless and have decided to post my resume here. Thanks for reviewing it.

MICHAEL KELLY BOYER

Contact show contact info

Please review my resume and consider me for employment with your next available position.

Work History;
CURRENT; ****** Security company as a security guard. NOT ANY MORE

Haskins Steel. 4-2012 / 2-2014. Duties included stock management, pulling orders, operating 10 ton cranes, fork lift certified. semi truck loader which involved driving the semi. High stress environment.

Northwest Christian Thrift Center show contact info 2/2012 Customer service. Product re stocking, janitorial.

Spokane Arena Security/ Staff Pro show contact info Security Guard. 1/2011 --2-2012
Operate buildings security cameras and systems. Alcohol enforcement. Special events.

North West Bedding show contact info Home Delivery assistant / Warehouse assistant.
Deliver and install products in homes and stores. Warehouse shipping and receiving
7/2010 / 12/2010 Seasonal slowdown. Temporary employee

Douglass Properties. show contact info Seasonal Grounds Keeper 2-2009 / 11-2009.
Daily outside maintenance of three large apartment complexes including minor constructional repairs.

Northwest Protective Services show contact info Security Officer with a Driving Position. 5-2007/ 1-2009.
Drive from site to site and respond to alarms. Give support to none mobile security officers.

Military Duties. Washington Army National Guard. Rank E-4. 2-2004/ 4-2007.
OP Enduring Freedom, Hurricane Katrina, Border Patrol, Flood/Fire First Responder Unit, Combat Life Saver.

Wild Rose Graphics llc show contact info Screen Department Supervisor. 5-2003/ 2-2004.
Train and Manage temporary workers in all aspects of my department and maintain high levels of quality.

Buffalo Printing llc show contact info Assistant Manager of Screen Department. 3-2001/5-2003.Produce on schedule. Maintain and check for quality control. Teach seasonal crews. Random shop task.

Schooling; High School diploma from North Central High School class of 2001.
Interface Computer School Web Design Spokane Campus.2002
CPR certified Spokane Community College renewed 4-2011

Hirable Traits;
Punctual. Own a dependable vehicle. Available for all shifts day or night.

Honest. Family man. No-criminal history. Clean driving record.

Intelligent. Safety orientated. Common sense. Quick learner. Good trainer. Computer skills.

Dependable. Strong work ethics. Self-motivator. Follows Instructions.

Residential History; Born in Spokane Washington. Lived in Spokane my entire life except for military duties.

Doug, if it was "legal" to do, BUT he did it and it wasn't passable to his employer, makes me wonder how they would have went to fire him for it? Drug test? BUT its legal my God he could have went all over them with that! Was he at work when he did it? Do you know?

Makes me wonder how Colorado is going to handle such things being most employers will not tolerate it but its legal to buy in the whole state, I bet it will work just like Alcohol, no use at work and be legal anytime there after being "on the clock"

Interesting tho.....

Well... It's a good thing that he didn't buy it ILLEGALLY....

The RCMP fired an employee that was allowed to smoke weed...pretty sad..

I was in a pain clinic where one guy who worked heavy equipment..he was allowed to be zoned out on oxi but was fired for doing weed legally...

you know, if weed was discovered yesterday, it would be the worlds next wonderdrug..

you know, if weed was discovered yesterday, it would be the worlds next wonderdrug..

No, there aren't enough side effects for them to sell us more pills to cure... :finga:

It's like they intentionally have side effects in the new drugs, so they can sell us more pills to cure the side effects. :banghead:

I've seen "some" of this story. "No big loss." Sounds like this guy is working part time jobs, and as a security guard in at least one of 'em. So I guess it never occurred to him that SINCE AT LEAST ONE of his employers REQUIRE drug testing and that he might FAIL those drug tests, along with this is a VIOLATION of actual FEDERAL law, that this just might be a problem?

He said at one point that he's "just gonna keep doin what he's doin" and I thought "yeh, THAT sounds like an OK idea"

On behalf of the millions who rely on grow op income to pay their mortgages { I rent so no not me } I wish you Yanks would stop messing with our economy , The millions of dollars lost to my neighbours ends up trickling down to all sectors of the provincial economy from the speedy little kids in the interior who run the back packs through the woods and across the border to the 2 politicians who resigned while under investigation for money laundering while holding seats in the legislature this whole legalization crap is undermining years of economic developement .

I've seen "some" of this story. "No big loss." Sounds like this guy is working part time jobs, and as a security guard in at least one of 'em. So I guess it never occurred to him that SINCE AT LEAST ONE of his employers REQUIRE drug testing and that he might FAIL those drug tests, along with this is a VIOLATION of actual FEDERAL law, that this just might be a problem?

He said at one point that he's "just gonna keep doin what he's doin" and I thought "yeh, THAT sounds like an OK idea"

Out of all the bickering, time and money wasted and legalizations in some states, this is the bottom line right here.

You have to be one fart smucker to publicize it and wonder why things happened like they did.

"On a side note" another "noose" story was mentioning that someone is opening up a "bed and breakfast," which sounds to me more like an "opium den," LOL This joint intends to 'gear' towards customers who just can't wait to get back home before they light up that big Mary

"On a side note" another "noose" story was mentioning that someone is opening up a "bed and breakfast," which sounds to me more like an "opium den," LOL This joint intends to 'gear' towards customers who just can't wait to get back home before they light up that big Mary

you know hes gonna go bankrupt trying to feed a buncha stoners

The main Issue is it may be legal as far as the state is concerned, but not the fed's. THC can stay in the system for up to 90 days. Booze, 8 hours or so. Companies can be held liable for employees actions with drugs in their system when on the job, especially if that job Involves out of state business. Just wait until the Fed's decide to match up records of Marijuana purchasers with that person's record of gun ownership, and they decide to try and come to your door and take them from you, as you are breaking federal law. Then what? Some people aren't thinking too far ahead, but they should.

The "noose" has been bragging the last couple of days about the thousands of dollars WA state has been collecting. Wonder if that's net or gross? I doubt they have discounted the probably millions of administration dollars that went into the "before."

-
Back