First time out

-

6pkScamp

Reaction score
Hopefully heading to the track for test and tune Thursday night. Very excited to see what the scamp will do. Open to geusstamations on what it will run.
340 block with BPE 4.25 crank, 6.2 compstar rods, diamond Pistons. 10:1 to 1 comp. Indybrock heads, solid roller 250 dur 640 lift. 950 Hp on a 340 victor intake. 1 7/8 TTI headers 3" exhaust. 727 by JW and Lenny's coverter. 3800. 410 gears, 29.5 M/T ET streets.
Hope for good weather and no carnage.

Forgot to add weight 3220 with me and 2/3 tank of fuel

12s easy, maybe high 11s first time out. Have fun and enjoy the process. Where do you guys race up there?

500hp with a mild converter and ET streets.....

First time out, i'll go with a 12.00ish et & a big mph.....as long as she hooks "decent" and doesn't do a lot of "wandering" down track.

Be safe, have fun, and enjoy getting to know the car at the race track. Once you get that baseline, some big numbers will surely come your way down the road. :thumbrig:

What it WILL BE is fun. Just have fun. The rest will come soon enough. Good luck!

High 10's first time out, mid 10's when you get the bugs worked out.:)

you're in the 12s ;)....lol

Just so it's clear... I was kidding...lol.
It's a heavy car. I'd expect a first time with a new combo to be high 11s at worst, with 11.0s and faster possible depending on debugging and how well things work.

Thanks guys. I know it's going to be a process of trial and error. Suspension wise I have Calvert shocks on all fours, /6 bars on the front, 2800# MP springs with Assassin bars. Moper I was disapointed in the weight. Don't know why it's on the heavy side.

Thanks guys. I know it's going to be a process of trial and error. Suspension wise I have Calvert shocks on all fours, /6 bars on the front, 2800# MP springs with Assassin bars. Moper I was disapointed in the weight. Don't know why it's on the heavy side.

It weighs about the same as mine. My car is about 3250-3200 lbs, but I don't know for sure. I have not weighed it in years, last time I did I had my original hood on and it was 3275 with me in it and almost no gas....now it has a glass hood and other mods along the way, so I guess it is about 3250-3200.

The first run on my stroker, I think it ran 11.4 (Pinks All Out in 2009). Within a few months I got it in the high 10's with just tuning....now it runs mid 10's with just some minor additions and tweaks (added Caltracs and switched to e85 were the major changes).

You have more stroke, a bigger cam, and bigger carb....assuming your heads flow well, I bet when you get it dialed in you are quicker than my car. It should be a BLAST :D Enjoy.

If you get your 60' times down, you'll be into the 10's. First day out I would imagine low 11's to high 10's until you get everything tweaked. Then you'll be getting those ET's down from there.

I know any car with my *** in it is heavier than it should be...lol.
You have to remember it's first a street car. So weight reduction has to be considered behind safety. Having been party to some of the technical aspects of the engine I do think you've got 10s in it. I don't think it's low 10s but a LOT will depend on your debugging and subsequent tuning of the package. So go have fun.

It weighs about the same as mine. My car is about 3250-3200 lbs, but I don't know for sure. I have not weighed it in years, last time I did I had my original hood on and it was 3275 with me in it and almost no gas....now it has a glass hood and other mods along the way, so I guess it is about 3250-3200.

The first run on my stroker, I think it ran 11.4 (Pinks All Out in 2009). Within a few months I got it in the high 10's with just tuning....now it runs mid 10's with just some minor additions and tweaks (added Caltracs and switched to e85 were the major changes).

You have more stroke, a bigger cam, and bigger carb....assuming your heads flow well, I bet when you get it dialed in you are quicker than my car. It should be a BLAST :D Enjoy.[/QUOTE

Flow #'s

Attachments

• image.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 421
If it were mine I would be thinking low, low tens when its all sorted? I would think at least low 11's out of the box unless something is way off.

Bradenton what an awesome track. Been there on vacation on year .

I think it should go 10.80's first day if it hooks and some 10.50's when sorted out.

First let me be honest, my only track experience was with the scamp in stock trim (318) four barrel and a four speed. 15.2 @ 92mph. And I only was at the track twice. Enough of the bs.

Last night first run nervous as hell, I left the line easy, rolled into it and let of at the 1/8 mile mark 7.31
Second pass 10.919 @ 122 with a 1.512 60ft
Third pass I went from first to third. 11.173 @124 mph not sure about this cheetah shifter. Might want to rethink that choice.
Forth pass 10.793 @ 123 with 1.514 60ft
Definatly need some practice on the tree.

Had a great time and very happy with the car. I'm sure if there was a better driver behind the wheel it would be mid 10's

Attachments

• image.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 352
Wow I'm impressed at that 60ft first day out! I couldn't get anything below 1.7's my first day. You should be real happy with those times! Congrats!

10.70's first day out? I'd say you're doing great! 10.50's with ease with a little tuning and practice. Good show!

-
Back