first time to the track with new combo (video inside)

-
In them videos you need more pump squirt or your lifting off the gas for a split sec. about 30 feet out!

im lifting because its spinning hard, the car bogs after i do that. if i just hold it to the floor the car just skates around

What rear gear are you running? Looks soft on take off even when it isn't spinning and like Rob said don't smoke the hides so much and it may hook better. I'd suggest installing a good shift kit (trans-go TF-2 is a good one). May not make it much faster but it'll sure make the trans. live a lot longer.

im running 391s, the trans has a shift kit along with kevlar bands

You put a screw in the linkage to force the secondaries open??? That'll generally cause quite a bog when you nail it. Why didn't you just change the secondary spring to a lighter one? On Avengers it's real easy with the quick change pot.

yea i did. it doesnt bog at all but it was just a temporary fix to see if they were opening as freerevving wouldnt open them

what do you have for a rear suspension>?

stock springs ...stock shocks?

im running 391s, the trans has a shift kit along with kevlar bands

Ok.

yea i did. it doesnt bog at all but it was just a temporary fix to see if they were opening as freerevving wouldnt open them

You won't see the secondaries open on a vacuum secondary carb by free revving it, if their tuned right.

Very cool car MOPARCODY! Sounds like you have some of the issues figured out with the timing, can't wait to see the next video's and e.t.'s!

Very cool car MOPARCODY! Sounds like you have some of the issues figured out with the timing, can't wait to see the next video's and e.t.'s!

thanks!

so im thinking about ditching my holley 770 for a mech secondary style carb.. any suggestions?

Actually,you cloned the M.P crate engine,with way better heads. A stock crate M.P Magnum crate,was recommended with a 750 double pumper.Depending on budget,a basic Holley 4779 would work .Holley H.P.,Quick Fuel Time, work work well too.

Dude I've been going to sac raceway for years and have never seen your car. There was a guy I think his name was Steve with a 64 dart that flew with a 360. It was fairly mild and was a consistent 11.95's all day long. Ill come shoot the chit with ya at the next run. Like to see what you got goin on and maybe see if I could share some knowledge I've picked up over the years.

Ill be at sac on jan 1st come on out. I ran et series with it from 03-05 in the high school drags. I've been out a lot with my 06 gto which is bone stock 6 speed 3750 lbs and I'm only 2 tenths slower than the dart and have a higher et

did you give it more timing?34 should be good....:burnout:

Keep feeding it timing until the trap speed falls off.

Do the jetting first.

Yea more timing and up your jetting like the guys said. Sounds like it stumbles a bit out of the hole and laying over on the big end. I had a MP distributor that was causing me to flatten out up top. I tried recurving it and couldn't get it right. Went pro billet with box and picked up a ton at both 60' and up top

I see you run drag radials. If you run on the streets, heat them pretty good the first time like you did in the videos. After that, it's not really beneficial to smoke show like in each video. Looks great, but, it wears the tire down and can actually make them grease up. You can cut the burnout time at least in half. Watch the burnout this video, car runs 1.47x 60's on a 275/60/15 Drag radial with 20 psi in them. It picked up with more pressure.

302 Found

Get it in high gear as quickly as possible, give it a 2-3 count and roll out.

I start my burnout in high gear and as sooon as it RPMs I let off the line lock and let it roll out. BTW nice video of W2360s car!
the carb is now a 770 street avenger, ive tried 16-25 psi in the tires and havent noticed a difference

yea i was a little excessive on the burnouts but the tires were brand new and those were the first three passes. one of my dads old school racer buddies came over and looked at it this morning. he said my carb/induction/timing is wrong. i was only at about 30 degrees overall and after a short drive around the block we came to the conclusion that my secondaries werent opening. we put a screw in the linkage set the timing to 36 overall and took it for a ride.......night and day difference, feels like the car picked up at least 50 hp.:blob:

so after all that 12.5 with a 2 barrel aint too bad lol.

im going out on the 1st for the new years day drags well see how she does

i agree completely

Loose the vacuum carb, no place for one on the race track, I can hear it bogging after the initial leave. Jet extensions? With a properly tuned DP carb and proper timing I bet your converter will flash much higher. I bet the vacuum secondaries are opening then closing when your in high gear and the small carb chokes the motor enough to gain some manifold vacuum or the power valve shuts. These are all things I have personally experienced. One last note is the Nitto drag radials like very little heat, they get greasy when they are overheated. Over all your little dart runs good and there is much more in it.

1320/mph = Optimum ET

If I remember right you said you were running 106mph

1320/106 = 12.45

I would say you close.

Our Dart at over 3200 #s ran 10.90s @ 119 with a 9.25 to 1 360 with J heads that I built. I ran a 4.56 gear and a 5000 stall. My 60 foot times averaged 1.44 and my timing was set at 35 degrees . I ran an M-1 manifold and a BG 825 carb. What really helps is the 904 trans with a 2.77 first gear. In 2007 I built a stroker that now runs 10.0s.

Rearview.jpg

1320/mph = Optimum ET

If I remember right you said you were running 106mph

1320/106 = 12.45

I would say you close.

With a 2.0 60 ft. My dad actually snapped a pic of one of my launches and I lifted the left front wheel about an inch. I think it has more in it but we will see

That torqueflite seems to be slow shifting , seems to have a pause .Thay are usually real quick.

Yea for some reason 2-3 shift has a delay

Our Dart at over 3200 #s ran 10.90s @ 119 with a 9.25 to 1 360 with J heads that I built. I ran a 4.56 gear and a 5000 stall. My 60 foot times averaged 1.44 and my timing was set at 35 degrees . I ran an M-1 manifold and a BG 825 carb. What really helps is the 904 trans with a 2.77 first gear. In 2007 I built a stroker that now runs 10.0s.

Rearview.jpg

I've seen your car in action... I'm actually friends with you on Facebook lol

2.0 60's with a 12.50 et and 106, is a rotten 60'. It should be in the 1.7x range. You're losing .3 in the first 60'.

What's it running at the 1/8 for ET and MPH. Around a 7.90 and 86 is good for the ET.

Try to not do dry hops.

Do your burnout and roll to the staging lights. Dry hops take the good off the tires you just warmed up.
i know what your sayin but ronnie sox always dry hoped after the burn out.

-
Back