Fitech set up

-

Confusedcuda

Reaction score
Anybody run just the plain old mopar electronic ignition set up (orange box, dist.) and the Fitech efi or any other of the EFI set ups?

Yes- I do. I use the FI tech up to 400hp and a Mopar performance distributor and the 4 pin HEI (easier to hide) no issues.

More info on the GM (HEI) thats the distributor, right? and then just the orange box? Thanks

Also, do you have to switch to the HEI distributor to go to EFI? Old Mopar elec. ign. not work? Thanks

Or can you just use the Mopar elec. ignition with orange box ?

I got your PM and responded.

These guys are suggesting you Eliminate the orange box by installing an oem GM HEI module. Then running the unit w/o timing control.

The sniper and fitech are both susceptible to rfi. I personally don't like the stock distributors with EFI, but technically if you use an hei module, you would be pulling the tach signal from that, and Not the OE box, as the box would be inop.

Someone else can chime in on the hei conversion. Not my cup o tea, being the issues efi has with rfi, but guys do get it to work. As long as they don't care about timing control.

-
Back