fitting needed

-

72dustervs

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Bought this fuel pump and unsure of fitting needed for the line side to carb, I know its 1/4 inch NPT threads , so is there a fitting I can source to fit a factory flared line ? Or a fitting to convert to rubber fuel line ? I searched some but not positive I am looking for the right fitting yet , anyone used one of these and know the right size needed ?

1695334493272.png

Bought this fuel pump and unsure of fitting needed for the line side to carb, I know its 1/4 inch NPT threads , so is there a fitting I can source to fit a factory flared line ? Or a fitting to convert to rubber fuel line ? I searched some but not positive I am looking for the right fitting yet , anyone used one of these and know the right size needed ?

View attachment 1716144879
Most good hardware stores or automotive parts stores can get you what you need Manufacturers specs should have the NPT (pipe thread) size that screws into the pump. The fuel line end is usually inverted flare. (like brake line)

Most good hardware stores or automotive parts stores can get you what you need Manufacturers specs should have the NPT (pipe thread) size that screws into the pump. The fuel line end is usually inverted flare. (like brake line)
Yeah its suppose to go to inverted flare , and its 1/4 npt thread on fuel pump side , , good hardware stores aint what they use to be , as tried a few but not quite finding what I need just yet , I know my fuel line is 1/4 size as well as it will screw into pump , just havent found a correct fitting locally yet that adapts to the inverted flare ,, I ordered what I thought was correct online but the inverted side was incorrect , could have been my mistake in the ordering

Yeah its suppose to go to inverted flare , and its 1/4 npt thread on fuel pump side , , good hardware stores aint what they use to be , as tried a few but not quite finding what I need just yet , I know my fuel line is 1/4 size as well as it will screw into pump , just havent found a correct fitting locally yet that adapts to the inverted flare ,, I ordered what I thought was correct online but the inverted side was incorrect , could have been my mistake in the ordering
I can usually find that at NAPA. We also have a fastener store that has all that stuff. (think Fastenal)

The fitting has no idea if it’s for gasoline or propane. If your pump is 1/4”npt female and your line is 1/4” inverted flare that fitting will work.

And I apologize, the two linked from summit Racing are 1/4npt to 1/4npt. My bad

Inverted flare fittings are measured very different from national pipe thread fittings. Measure the diameter of your metal fuel line. It should be 5/16.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure your fuel line is 5/16" if it's a factory line. That being said, you need a 1/4" male pipe to 5/16" inverted flare fitting.

The Grainger fitting will work too.
Just depends on if you want a straight fitting or a 90 degree fitting.

-
Back