fl. racers let get together IDEA BY GUITAR JONES % OF FLBOATMAN1

-
That's great you got to talk with those guys. My bud Lyle will be down there with the Dakota for the stock, s/s race. I've still got work to do on the Scamp so I'll be home. I got down to 9 cars Saturday then broke out by .004.

Guitar , how much more time before the scamp will be ready ? I've read a lot of your posts on supension ,and I think I'm going to give the beast a little up date on rear. maybe it will help my sway prob. last knight when car went to 2nd, she tried to turn around on me, some of it was track condition some of it mine. the 2nd run 30 min. later it was worst. I will tri to build something with tubs hime jts and brkts. all adjustable, wish me luck!!

Good luck to you. I've probably got 2 months yet. I still have to get the dash in it, tail lights, hood scoop and the front and rear glass. Then run sealer around the tubs and the roll cage struts. So still a little longer but it shouldn't take too long. The couple of small rust holes are being fixed as I type so that will be done today.

I am from Cocoa, Florida!!!

May09.jpg

I am from Cocoa, Florida!!!
HI CROOKSDUSTER , THANKS FOR THE REPLY. I DON'T KNOW WHEN OSW IS RUNNING AGAIN. BUT GO OVER AND SAY HI TO GUITAR JONES NEXT TIME., WE HAVE ABOUT 11 OF US FL. FORUM RACERS SO FAR . THEY ARE ON THIS THREAD , FLBOATMAN1,GUITAR JONES, CHARRLEI S, ERICS68, HOTRODSCAMP, BOB SHINGLER. 73 DART 360, PRETTYBLUDART, PLAYER1UP, SGBARRACDA, AND CROOKSDUSTER. NOW IS THE TIME FOR US TO TALK TO ALL ARE MOPAR FRIENDS AND START A GROUP OF RACERS IN FL., AND PUT ARE THOUGHTS TOGEATHER AND TRI TO PUT TOGEATER 1 OR 2 GROUP GATHERINGS A YEAR AT DIFFERENT TRACKS, WERE WE ALL SHOW UP. AND I'M SHURE WE CAN GET THE DRAG STRIP OWNERS TO HELP WITH ARE PROGRAM, SPECIAL EVENT,OR ? THE FORDS HAVE THERE EVENTS, THE P.R VS, AMERICA, THE SUPER STOCK EVENTS, THE SUMMET EVENTS AND SO ON, HOW ABOUT US!!! WE NEED TO GO AFTER THESE TRACKS WITH NUMBERS! I AM TIRED OF BEING THE MINORITY, AND I KNOW MY SPELLING IS BAD BUT WHO CARES RIGHT. PUT YOUR CHEEKS IN THE SEAT AND RACE GARY! BEAUTIFULL DUSTER!!

This sounds like a great time. My dads Cuda passed certification ands getting close to being ready to race. I'm a member of a great group of class racers at SSSSA.com We just had an event in Lakeland and are heading to Cecil next month, Reynolds Ga, in July and Moroso in September. If anyone has a class car bring it out. If anyone has a Super category car let me know we are trying to get races with the Southeast Super Gas Association. Last year in Reynolds there was a huge turnout! Its all makes and unfortunately we don't have any A body stockers in our group.

HI CROOKSDUSTER , THANKS FOR THE REPLY. I DON'T KNOW WHEN OSW IS RUNNING AGAIN. BUT GO OVER AND SAY HI TO GUITAR JONES NEXT TIME., WE HAVE ABOUT 11 OF US FL. FORUM RACERS SO FAR . THEY ARE ON THIS THREAD , FLBOATMAN1,GUITAR JONES, CHARRLEI S, ERICS68, HOTRODSCAMP, BOB SHINGLER. 73 DART 360, PRETTYBLUDART, PLAYER1UP, SGBARRACDA, AND CROOKSDUSTER. NOW IS THE TIME FOR US TO TALK TO ALL ARE MOPAR FRIENDS AND START A GROUP OF RACERS IN FL., AND PUT ARE THOUGHTS TOGEATHER AND TRI TO PUT TOGEATER 1 OR 2 GROUP GATHERINGS A YEAR AT DIFFERENT TRACKS, WERE WE ALL SHOW UP. AND I'M SHURE WE CAN GET THE DRAG STRIP OWNERS TO HELP WITH ARE PROGRAM, SPECIAL EVENT,OR ? THE FORDS HAVE THERE EVENTS, THE P.R VS, AMERICA, THE SUPER STOCK EVENTS, THE SUMMET EVENTS AND SO ON, HOW ABOUT US!!! WE NEED TO GO AFTER THESE TRACKS WITH NUMBERS! I AM TIRED OF BEING THE MINORITY, AND I KNOW MY SPELLING IS BAD BUT WHO CARES RIGHT. PUT YOUR CHEEKS IN THE SEAT AND RACE GARY! BEAUTIFULL DUSTER!!

What happened to you last Saturday at lakeland. I went there and was able to watch some racing before the rains came.

I WAS ON MY WAY TO LAKELAND SAT AT ABOUT 4:30 WHEN IT STARTED POORING OUT, A TREE FELL ACROSS hy. 98 300 FT INFROUNT OF ME I WAS ABLE TO SWERVE ARUOND IT AND STOPED AT CIRCLE K JUST OUTSIDE OF LAKELAND . I CALLED TRACK AND THEY SAID THEY WERE CLOSING BECAUSE OF STORM . SO I WENT HOME. WE ARE GOING TO TO TRI FOR SAT NIGHT. BILL IS GOING TO BRING HIS SUPER PRO PONTIAC. DID THEY EVER GET THE SUPER STOCK RACE COMPLETED BEFORE THE RAIN.

Hi Captin Chaos My Dart Has The Whole Interior Guted Out Of It And No Dash . Other Then That Every Thing Is Real Close To Stock Even Supension. Full Cage W/single Racing Seat, Is There A Class For That Set Up Small Block 360 / 904/ 8 3/4

Sgbarracuda I Found A Video Of My Car On My Space It's Called Lakeland Mud 4. Somebody From The Mud Pit Took Video Of Time Run About 4 Weeks Ago. You Can Here The Eng Hit Limiter Didn't Have Higher Chip With Me That Night And That Run Was Coming Off Light At Idle. I Looked Up Slip And It Was A 7.09 Pass

I WAS ON MY WAY TO LAKELAND SAT AT ABOUT 4:30 WHEN IT STARTED POORING OUT, A TREE FELL ACROSS hy. 98 300 FT INFROUNT OF ME I WAS ABLE TO SWERVE ARUOND IT AND STOPED AT CIRCLE K JUST OUTSIDE OF LAKELAND . I CALLED TRACK AND THEY SAID THEY WERE CLOSING BECAUSE OF STORM . SO I WENT HOME. WE ARE GOING TO TO TRI FOR SAT NIGHT. BILL IS GOING TO BRING HIS SUPER PRO PONTIAC. DID THEY EVER GET THE SUPER STOCK RACE COMPLETED BEFORE THE RAIN.

They got two qualifing rounds in and made one complete round before the rains came. I was disappointed the fastest time was a 6.62.

Hey Guys! I'm literally 8 pushrods n a bit of labor from being able to start my motor for 1st time in 6+ months. They should be in Friday. Stay tuned for the up coming video.

The Palm Bay Motorsports Park is a reality ! It's coming 2010ish ! It will be an all concrete NHRA Certified 1/4 mi track, a 1/2 mi dirt oval track and a mud-bog/ATV/tractor-pull track. It will have 2200 sq ft min. houses surounding it with large garages just for the racers. That's all the details I have for now. I'll keep ya all up to date. Soon as I get more info.

I'm ok with meeting in Bithlo or Jupiter. I'll need some shake down runs. Lakeland is a bit of a haul 4 now.

Soon Guys Soon. :cheers:

Eric S68 That Race Trac Development Sounds Neet. Hope Your Push Rods Get Here Quick! Good Luck And Get Your Cheeks Back In The Seat Gary

Hi Captin Chaos My Dart Has The Whole Interior Guted Out Of It And No Dash . Other Then That Every Thing Is Real Close To Stock Even Supension. Full Cage W/single Racing Seat, Is There A Class For That Set Up Small Block 360 / 904/ 8 3/4
It would need some interior, but it may fit in an IHRA crate motor class. We run off of IHRA indexes, but combine the two associations classes.

flboatman1.I,m in Ontario,Canada.And it,s Pettybludart,not Prettybludart?Thanks and have fun racing!

This sounds like a great time. My dads Cuda passed certification ands getting close to being ready to race. I'm a member of a great group of class racers at SSSSA.com We just had an event in Lakeland and are heading to Cecil next month, Reynolds Ga, in July and Moroso in September. If anyone has a class car bring it out. If anyone has a Super category car let me know we are trying to get races with the Southeast Super Gas Association. Last year in Reynolds there was a huge turnout! Its all makes and unfortunately we don't have any A body stockers in our group.
captian. would my dart fit into the super/gas , class?:read2:

Sgbarracuda And Any Of You MOPAR Guys. I Will Be At Lakeland Tonight Parked Next To Tower. There Will Be 2 Of Us With Yellow Darts, Bills Pont. Has Bad Trans Leak So He's Bringing His 69 Dart Stroker. Hope To See You There

Hay Guys Any Body Going Racing This Sat. If So Let Me Know Were ?talk To All The Mopar Racers Get Them To Check Into The Forum. Thanks The Flboatman1, Gary. Sgbarracuda Are You Going To Lakeland Sat. Let Me Know. Gary.

:burnout:GUITAR I HAVE A MATCH RACE THIS SAT AT LAKELAND WITH 69 DART STROKER. IF FOR SOME REASONE IT FALLS THROUGH I'LL COME UP TO OSW. SAT NIGHT WHAT TIME DO THEY OPEN GATE. BY END OF WEEK IF ALL RESPONDERS ARE IN AGREEMENT MAYBE WE CAN PLAN A GROUP GET TOGETHER AT EATHER OSW OR LMSP ON SAT. THE 30TH.OF MAY . IF ANYBODY IS AT THE ORLANDO SPEED WORLD THIS WEEK TALK TO GUITAR OR IF AT LAKELAND MOTORSPORTS PARK TALK TO GARY 72 YELLOW DART #0560 WE CAN ALL HAVE A GREAT TIME WE NEED ALL YOUR IMPUT. E MAIL [email protected]

Lakeland Motorsports Park? Never heard of it..........Eighth mile? I'm in Zephyrhills, and have been a bit blue cause of the distances needed to travel to a drag strip...........Lakeland is a skip and a jump for me. :toothy10:

-
Back