Flaming River steering column issue.

-

RobertP

Reaction score
recently installed a new flaming river tilt steering column. Went to turn the key from the on position to the start position and immediately the steering sector shaft gear, which is plastic clicked one tooth and would not turn back to the off position. upon taking it out and resetting it, as well as verifying that with the rod itself it will go to the start position no problem. reinstalled and yet again same result. removed and reset this time adding a starter button and turning the to on position the car will start no problem. anytime i turn it past the on position it pops and i have to remove it and reset it. Has anyone else had any had any experience with these steering columns and this terrible GM design? calling Flaming river in the morning just looking for some insight?

to update this some i spoke with flaming river tech today about the issue. they may have it adjusted too far up so i will give that a shot this weekend and then update again. it made sense over the phone so hopefully he was right and ill be back in business!

to update, still a no go and will still slip past. car has been apart for so long i have added a starter button temporarily so that i can get the rest of the build completed. Flaming river wants me to take it out and send it back. i don't want the down time again yet.

-
Back