flat bed towing

-

Snake

Mopar Nut
Reaction score
Hi guys,I dont think this has been talk about so here it goes.Were do you think is the best spot to hook on the front end of our cars to pull it up onto a flat bed toe truck.I ask because when they come to take the Dart he hooks up to the right and left lower arms,now is this normal or should he grab it in the middle of the k frame.

I wouldn't think the norm is to grab it by the lower arms since they are a part of the front suspension. K-frame or bumper mounts would have been better. I would have the alignment checked just in case.

K-frame,is were I,ve had mine hooked!I had to wench on my trailor when I broke an axel at Cayuga!Don,t let him hook to your control arms,to much weight,pull on frontend!My 2 cents!

I agree that the it would be best to pull it from the k-frame. The only issue would be the bracket that goes from the front valance to the k-frame. Id use 2 loops (1 to either side of it) as opposed to grabbing from the center of the k-frame so that bracket doesnt get bent or break free from the valance.

Rear and center of K member. 4 big *** bolts holding it to the frame. Jerk around on the control arms and you may need an alignment if you didn't bend the front rods.
Small Block

Remember that back in the days of sling wreckers, the J-Hooks were placed on the lower A-arms. The only way you can bend the A-Arms would be to try to winch the car in half.

i currently run rollbacks,k frame is the best place to hook up .
hook on both sides then hook in the middle .
never any problems that way.

-
Back