Flea Market Find for Cuda...Coooool !

-

pastortom1

Reaction score
I saw this at the flea market and couldn't resist.......Works great, and needed a general restoration of the finish and some detailing.......

Looks like somethin' out of George Jetsons car! I'm gonna hook it up in the trunk for the car shows, and run a looped DVD with the old Chrysler commercials and magazine ads.......Apart from the old "Predicta" TV's, I think this is the cooooolest set I've ever seen....and in MINT condition!

(Now if I can get around to finishing the trunk area, I'll be doin' pretty good).

116_1673.jpg

116_1675.jpg

That's a cool looking T.V... Is it color or black an white?? Here's the plan, run **** DVD's and your car will be the only car the judges look at and you'll win the whole car show hands down... Just a thought...

That round base is a swivel stand.........! (remember that dance from the Jetson's called "the swivel"?..........Guess I'm gettin' old.......or startin' a third childhood..........Maybe I'll just play the Jetsons on that TV....)

playing Jetson cartoons would probably be a bad idea, might get you in trouble with some tree huggin' liberals, George screamed alot at jane if I recall, that's spouceal abuse these days..

Kool TV, but remember don't turn the dials too fast. :)

Also, how are you going to get video into that thing?

Also also get a much larger power inverter than that thing needs or you wont be able to turn it on, because of the startup current.

You will need an FM modulator (inverter? can't remember, but know where to get them, Radio Shack) to hook up to a dvd or vcr. I'll bet on the back of this set, there is a pair of screws, and two wires (from the antenna) that each have a split terminal and are fastened to the screws. That's where the modulator goes, has rca inputs.

Yeah, there are actually 3 connections on the back......

One 2-screw VHF, One 2-screw UHF, and 2 short antenna wires (with terminal tips) for an external antenna.

The first thing that came to mind was one of those, 'Coax to Antenna Wire' adapters we used to use.......BUT, RCA's would be nice if I could find one........I have a really small DVD player that would be perfect for it.

........and the more I looked at it, the more I realized what dead ringer it really is for the Mopar Butterscotch color.........wow!

116_1676.jpg

My '71 Duster is Bahama Yellow (same as Dodge Butterscotch) and was thinking this thing would fit right in. What brand is it?

Chuck

I remember being the remote control for TVs like that. :-D

When anyone would tell my dad that they make tvs with remote controls, he would say "I've already got a remote" and point to me. Lucky for me we only got 3 channels.

Yup........I remember the days..........NBC, ABC & CBS if you were lucky.......my legs got the workout every time a change was in mind.

You too? lol. I remember kids would always sit in the floor so they could change channels for their parents.

We only got 2 channels (on a clear day), the reason us kids were sitting in the floor was because the screen was like 13", if we sat on the couch we would have had to of had 10-10 vision.....

No actual manufacturing site listed, BUT there's a green sticker printed in Canada, and on the back of the case, there's an electric shock warning printed in French.

116_1677.jpg

116_1678.jpg

Have you tried to play it yet??? Doesn't france and europe have different eletrical power outlets and watts then we do??

-
Back