Flex hone.

-

Bad Sport

HALF A BUBBLE OFF
Staff member
Legendary Member
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a flex hone? I need one for a 360 to freshen the cylinders a little for a cheapy build that I want to slap together.

Brand, grit, place to purchase???

Summit is where we bought our's..........just go on their site and type
in "flex hone" and it will come up. There will be numerous one's, just make sure you purchase the correct one for your bore size. We purchased the 320 grit for moly ring's for the street. If your racing it, you may want to step up to
400, or a finer grit flex hone.

I've got a BRM Flex Hone, 3.750-4.250 in. Cylinder Bore Range, 320 Grit. Summit Racing Part number is BRH-GB41832. I also have the oil and a new BRM cylinder brush for cleaning after you hone. All of these items are new in the package. Shoot me a PM and make me an offer for all three if you're interested.

Attachments

• IMG_1670.JPG
    121.9 KB · Views: 507
  • IMG_1671.JPG
    73.6 KB · Views: 446
  • IMG_1672.JPG
    62.5 KB · Views: 449
  • IMG_1673.JPG
    75.2 KB · Views: 452
I've got a BRM Flex Hone, 3.750-4.250 in. Cylinder Bore Range, 320 Grit. Summit Racing Part number is BRH-GB41832. I also have the oil and a new BRM cylinder brush for cleaning after you hone. All of these items are new in the package. Shoot me a PM and make me an offer for all three if you're interested.

THIS is what makes this such a special site... You rock Demon 408! :prayer:

BTW Badsport, WD-40 for lube and coffee filters for cleaning/wiping the bore work great. The coffee filters leave no lint.

Use either the BRM honing oil or SAE 30 weight. WD-40 is too thin & you'll risk scoring the cylinders. Grit depends on the type of rings you're using. 240 is ok for cast rings etc. Moly rings need finer finishes, 320 or more. If in doubt use the finer grit.

Killer offer,408! The tool truck gets a c-note plus. Cheapest I found was 65.00 (180 grit),95.00(320 grit). These went way up,price wise.

Used them things thirty plus years. Last one I got was off ebay. I've always used PBlaster, WD40, whatever the hell was layin around. Never had a problem. You think that block is gonna know you spent enough to buy lunch on some spiffy special honing oil? Not hardly.

Give me the flex hone any day,over the crappy "glaze breakers".

that's the same exact one I just used. works excellent in a matter of seconds

Bad sport i got mine at the auto parts store. not Oriel's or pep boys mine is one of those places that has a full machine shop and carries stuff like that other than that summit or jegs

As a parts guy,Napa/K-D MAYBE.... Expect to pay for the retail service. Bad sport did state"budget"....

yes i am the same as bad sport on a budget freinds work at the auto parts so pay what they pay or i have other freinds that will lone me the tools. sounded like he needed it right now if he can wait then shop around and find one that is cheap. just trying to help.

Revs,last post: pressure test,the cooling system?. Okee dokee....

sorry Abodybomber i am not able to as much as i would like any more so i spend a lot of time on this and if i can help well i am all in

Used them things thirty plus years. Last one I got was off ebay. I've always used PBlaster, WD40, whatever the hell was layin around. Never had a problem. You think that block is gonna know you spent enough to buy lunch on some spiffy special honing oil? Not hardly.
It's sure gonna know when its too dry of a finish though! Hey its your block, use crisco oil on it if you're that cheap! But if you want a good finish use a good oil. SAE 30 isn't that expensive is it? Cut that thing too dry & you'll spend a lot of lunch money on fancy oils going right out the exhaust!

-
Back