Floor pans for a 65 Dart GT

-

65PlumCrzy

Reaction score
Has anyone attempted or successfully install the newer 67-up a-body floor pans into the earlier pre-66 a-bodies? I removed the carpet on my Dart only to find that someone previously laid a thin flimsy metal down over top of the rotted floor. Or is there another option out there for repairing floor rot?

I'm with ya.

Replacing driver frame rail and adding floor hump to put manual on floor.
Need driver floor pan of some sort.

D

Before early A pans were available, I used a 67-up pans for the drivers and passenger front and rear in a 65 Dart GT convertible. I actually got them to fit with a little hammer & dolly work. I did weld them in. I have since parted the car out (too much rust elsewhere) but did save the pans and will use them in my wagon.

Has anyone attempted or successfully install the newer 67-up a-body floor pans into the earlier pre-66 a-bodies? I removed the carpet on my Dart only to find that someone previously laid a thin flimsy metal down over top of the rotted floor. Or is there another option out there for repairing floor rot?
I did the front pans (left and right separately for my 66' about 3 years ago.) from Auto Body Specialties in Middlefield, CT. Really nice but they are a bit larger than the actual pan so you need to trip to fit. I did not have to do the rear pans but at the time a few years ago they were available. Not cheap but they look good after your done. Nice thickness metal. not alot of popping from thin metal.
Good luck!
Joe

-
Back