floorshift brackets

-

wayne57

Reaction score
Need help. Installing a floorshifter in a 74 Duster with a 318 and 727 trans. Do not have the lower bracket or lower shift rod. Does someone have the dimensions of the bracket and lower shift rod so I can either try to make them or locate some from other vehicles. Also need a picture of the center console aft bracket.
Thanks in advance, Wayne

I have that lower support bracket piece for 727 and I can snap a pic of it and drw the needed dimisions on it too. It's easy enough to make.
About the linkage rod from shifter to trans lever... Been there done that. Used a piec of old kickdown linkage rod to make it. You'll need a torch to bend that stuff though.
If I go to the trouble to jack up a car and pull a sample I'm gonna make it and charge you for it. Maybe someone else can help with that piece.
There is an ajusting block at the end of that rod too. Got it ?

I have that lower support bracket piece for 727 and I can snap a pic of it and drw the needed dimisions on it too. It's easy enough to make.
About the linkage rod from shifter to trans lever... Been there done that. Used a piec of old kickdown linkage rod to make it. You'll need a torch to bend that stuff though.
If I go to the trouble to jack up a car and pull a sample I'm gonna make it and charge you for it. Maybe someone else can help with that piece.
There is an ajusting block at the end of that rod too. Got it ?
Redfish, Thanks for the reply. A picture and dimensions of the bracket is just what I need. I can make one but I needed a starting point. For the shift rod, I basicly need the lenght so I can find one to cut down and bend. I think the slider on the rod is the same as a column shift slider.

transshift1.jpg

Ok this piece is 1/8" X 2" flat bar @6 1/2" long before bending.
The first bend at the attaching bolts is 90 degrees at 7/8" inside . Those 2 holes for 1\4" bolts are 1&1/8 between centers. There are 1/2" radiuses ground on those 2 corners.
This piece I'm sampling may have came from a slant 6 /904 car so do the above fabing then try it on. The remaining bends needed and through hole location should show themselves.There's a 4" radius ground on this end.
Now about that nylon bushing that goes with... the hole for it is 7/8" OEM but alternatively ,, Shove a piece of 1/2" neoprene fuel line over the shifter stem and float that in the 7/8" or a 1" hole if you like.
Its a start :)

Thanks Redfish, With this I can get started on making a bracket. The people here on FABO are always a great source of information.

-
Back