Florida YOM Plate Registration Procedure

-

subcom

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I just went through the process of registering a Year Of Manufacture (YOM) plate/tag for my 1965 in Florida and thought I would share the procedure since it's not readily available on the Florida DMV website and info on the web can be out of date.

What you need;

1.) Original license plate issued the same year your vehicle was manufactured.
I found a great pair of 1965 plates on Ebay for about $21.00 from a guy located in Florida. I've read mixed reports about the acceptibility of an original vs a restored plate. Some say the DMV will accept restored plates now, others say it needs to be unmolested and in good shape. Mine was original and a little faded but overall in good shape. The plate does not have to be from your county of residence.
2.) A letter with your request to register your YOM plate. (See attached PDF sample).
3.) Include with your letter copies of your Florida Title, Insurance verification, car registration and your Fl drivers license.
4.) A check to the Florida DMV in the amount of $53.10.

The whole process took about two months because working off of old info I sent a check for only $50.00. Shortly there after I received a letter from the DMV stating I was short $3.10. So I sent a second check and about two weeks later received my plate and registration.

This is the guy I got my plates from. He was very helpful in helping me fill in some of the blanks on the procedure with the DMV.
http://www.flpl8s.com/

Attachments

• FL1965-LICENSEPLATES.JPG
    80.7 KB · Views: 680
  • florida-plate-registration.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 2,578
  • License_Validation_YOM_Plate_Generic_Letter.pdf
    31.9 KB · Views: 517
That's too funny. I didn't even catch the Mobile Home meaning in the tag. I was just happy to find a 1965 in decent shape. I guess if I put too much money in the car, the wife might kick me out and it just might become my mobile home.

-
Back