Fontana 2014...drag racing returns

-
Well..Larry Fulleron says he is going to put on a Nitro Show at Fontana in 2014....

from Nitromater....

Just statig what I was fairly sure the couort ruling was. Basically no guarantees until the wall is built. As i say dont quote me on it but pretty sure the fnal ruling was IF the sound wall does enough to abate the noise then they would be allowed to continue, possibly with restrictions. Unless that ruling was ammended and possibly it was but I seem to remember that was a lot of the reason for the lon delay. The original ruling the judge never said build it and race, thus it was the million dollar gamble. I hope it is back but time will tell. FWIW the Heritage series said they woudl be racing at Wild Horse Raceway Pass in January too....

As a business man...who would lay out a million bucks for a sound wall with no assurance that the track will be able to operate...I surely would not .....

Thus the delay in getting it done. There is a lot of corporate backing on the sound wall project from local manufactures, Maggio Drilling, K&N to mention a couple. I see the NMCA has two events on the schedule for Fontana as well. But they did for 2012 as well. Just saying dont shoot the messenger. I hope it does open and gives racers another venue. Just stating what the ORIGINAL court ruling was, thus the reason for the delay in getting started.

Trying to use common sense ....like not getting a return on your investment...LOL...

I am sure the corporations all can paint there logo on the wall...but if the track is not in use...money down the drain except for the contractor who build the wall....

I hope it works out for fontana...as we need all the tracks running as possible...never been there yet...

Let me just say... The drag-strip would have been dead, But thanks to Auto Club, Their going to give it the old college try.... Also Permanent restrooms... :)
Now watch i'll get fired....

My shop is about 1/2 mile directly north of the speedway on Foothill Blvd. They do a lot of road racing events inside the oval on weekends including Fridays. I can hear them racing pretty good.

Talking about fuel cars , I can hear them running in Pomona that is maybe 15 miles away from the same shop a couple times a year. I would bet no fuel cars will be running in Fontana.

Driving by the speedway they are working in some of the parking lots removing curbs and grading. I can see a drill rig staged out by the soundwall location but no dirt being excavated yet as far as I can tell.

True on the business man approach. Rodney Dangerfield has it down. You gotta grease them fckrs~ @ 2:00 Minutes…... LOL

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlVDGmjz7eM"]Rodney Dangerfield's First Economics Class - YouTube[/ame]

Recent photo....

Attachments

• fontana.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 169
Another photo....

Attachments

• fontana2.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 157
update for you SC boys...

Attachments

• fontana.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 146
My club, Inland Mopars Car Club, has been asked by the NMCA to be the Host Car Club for the car show portion of two drag race/car show events at Fontana later this year:
* 4th Annual NMCA West Coast Shootout, June 20-22
* 3rd Annual NMCA West World Street Finals, October 24-26

Everything points to racing in the near future at Fontana.

a lot of bare soundwall facial that can be sold to sponsor....

With all the tracks either closing or haveing problems with the "powers that be", here is some good news.
We just had a new track open in Green Cove Springs, Florida, in the fall of 2013. Most if not all of the town officials were behind it. The town had a almost abandoned industrial park, with a airport, that was not being used. We now have a 1/8 mile IHRA track, a drifting track, and I understand they are in the process of installing lights for night racing, and a Mud Bog.

Kind of sounds like Lake Havasu in Arizona... have the land (industrial near airport next to blm), have city support, and the killer.... no money. Still hope something comes of it.

-
Back