For all the Veterans and Solders Still Serving

-
Yes in the past we all know what political party the people who hung, beat, denied rights to black people belonged to, we also know what party the people who spread bigotry, who support Nazi wannabes belong to now
It was never about and still isn't about political parties
Party? I'm pretty sure back in those days it began with a "D" as history shows.

Hmm, let me see. It took nearly 100 years to realize they were named for the wrong people.

Not too smart, huh??????
No, just took that long for people of all races to have the power to do what's right...

Yes in the past we all know what political party the people who hung, beat, denied rights to black people belonged to, we also know what party the people who spread bigotry, who support Nazi wannabes belong to now
It was never about and still isn't about political parties
For your viewing pleasure

I’m pretty much ok with it. He was one of the General officers that came out of Viet Nam proclaiming that never again under his watch would we enter into something like VN. Of course most of those generals have died off Powell,Swartzkoff, Shallikashvilli etc. only one or two left left like McCaffery.

I was with the 9th ID when he was commander as well as when he was the I Corp commander. He was with the group of generals who pushed to get out of the post WWII and Korean War doctrines and modernize the Army.

Richard E. Cavazos - Wikipedia

For your viewing pleasure

I have tried to walk carefully around discussing politics on the GF and only really replied to the thread the OP posted
Clearly the rules don"t apply to to the OP, maybe he thinks he's a "star" and can do as he pleases

General Cavazos was the post commander while I was stationed at Ft Hood in the early eighties. One particularly hot summer we had several cars catch fire while being driven on post and he responded by mandating that all cars on post would carry a fire extinguisher or the driver would be ticketed. I went out and got one for my 75 Duster and I've had one in every car I've owned since, so in that small way he had a lasting impact on me.

That’s cool
If you get a chance, read his book about the battle in the Ia Drang Valley. It was co-written by Joe Galloway, a reporter who was there. It also features the writing of many of the survivors and their personal experiences. I've read a lot of histories, and this ranks with the best.
Amazon product ASIN 0679411585

-
Back