For those that don't know Ken Block...

-
every single time I see one of those videos I want to be able to drive like him... how much fun would that be.

I do like the Subaru videos a bit better, just cause I own one.

JOE

Search for "Ken Block Gymkhana" on youtube (I can't post a link b/c our firewall blocks youtube, lame). That is the best driving I've ever seen. There are at least 2 videos, but looking at google now there may be a third. It's absolutely mindblowing the control he has over his car. He truly becomes one with the machine!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rs-jAImScms"]YouTube - Ken Block Gymkhana Practice[/ame]

Gymkhana practice in the 06/07 STI.

STI power! If you want a hot rod foreign car, thats the car to buy. LOTS of torque!

Wow:burnout::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:

I'm impressed. The man can drive.

I do have to admit, though, a lot of ponies or not, I had to turn the volume down after a few minutes...the sound of it got irritating.

Yeah he did a stint on Top Gear and ramped the car, was so sick. He's in the DC snowboarding vid ramping the jumps on the piste with the boarders. The guy is amazing. His little 4 cylinder Ford is limited to 650 hp at the rear wheels for traction but it makes 850 in total. I love the crack -pop of those engines. I have always wondered about the fire bursts out of the exhausts-anyone know why it happens and why those engines crack and pop??

Yeah he did a stint on Top Gear and ramped the car, was so sick. He's in the DC snowboarding vid ramping the jumps on the piste with the boarders. The guy is amazing. His little 4 cylinder Ford is limited to 650 hp at the rear wheels for traction but it makes 850 in total. I love the crack -pop of those engines. I have always wondered about the fire bursts out of the exhausts-anyone know why it happens and why those engines crack and pop??

Usually on normal cars....if the throttle is closed, and is above 2,000rpm...the ECU shuts off the injectors...but in the race cars, the fuel is still going in the donk.....as well as the plumbing arangement for the turbo on them.

I would imagine that most creative people with a practically unlimited budget could build a number of specialty vehicles to destroy and get pretty good at flogging them. Rich people ragging out their toys does not impress me. It makes me jealous but not impressed. I would be more impressed if his budget was 5 grand instead of half a mil to a mil.

I would imagine that most creative people with a practically unlimited budget could build a number of specialty vehicles to destroy and get pretty good at flogging them. Rich people ragging out their toys does not impress me. It makes me jealous but not impressed. I would be more impressed if his budget was 5 grand instead of half a mil to a mil.

I have to jump in here, "Rich people ragging out their toys" How true, there is no way in the world someone could do something like that with out lots of money. HOWEVER, Dude if you can't see that this gentleman has such a talent and skill to be able to do and control a vehicle like he does. You have to at least be able to see that don't you???

Sure I'm jealous, I guess I should have done better in life so that I had like a hundred thousand dollars to build a specialty vehicles like shown here, but I'm in awe of his driving ability and know there is no way I would be able to make a vehicle perform like he does!

Just enjoy it for his skills!!!

I have always liked the off road videos too.....[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GWOnjFnikM&list=QL&playnext=1"]YouTube - 1577 in car doing 123Mph!! at parker 08[/ame]

The guy started out as a broke Skateboarder and created a killer shoe like to get his money so the coolest rags to riches story I've heard of in a long time.

Hehe, I saw one of his deals flying around a warehouse on a dock. Was pretty amazing. I am sure its a blast.

I dont know how to judge his skills. If someone had an opportunity to spend lots of time and money in numerous hopped up rally cars one may be able to develop skills similar to his.

If I knew I could blow up or total out as many cars as it took and I had outstanding medical insurance, I would probably spend allot of time practicing the art of driving on the ragged edge as well.

I probably just need to have a cheeseburger and stop complaining ... :)

I have to jump in here, "Rich people ragging out their toys" How true, there is no way in the world someone could do something like that with out lots of money. HOWEVER, Dude if you can't see that this gentleman has such a talent and skill to be able to do and control a vehicle like he does. You have to at least be able to see that don't you???

Sure I'm jealous, I guess I should have done better in life so that I had like a hundred thousand dollars to build a specialty vehicles like shown here, but I'm in awe of his driving ability and know there is no way I would be able to make a vehicle perform like he does!

Just enjoy it for his skills!!!

-
Back