Ford 9inch rear end

-

72 Duster

Reaction score
What all has to be done to Tub out a 72 Duster with a ford 9inch rear end. Please help..

I used an alston frame kit. I left some of the original frame and stock wheel tubs in place, before I cut out where the new frame would go. I did this so the car wouldn't fold on me. Once the new frame was in I cut out the old stuff. I had my 9 inch made by place here local. Dam it was a lot of work, but beat the price for someone to do it. I used coil overs from alston as well. This was put in over 10 years ago now so don't know what kits they even have any more. I did have a guy that I knew do the tin work, as I didn't have all the right tools.

Suspen.jpg

Keith Mopar said:
I used an alston frame kit. I left some of the original frame and stock wheel tubs in place, before I cut out where the new frame would go. I did this so the car wouldn't fold on me. Once the new frame was in I cut out the old stuff. I had my 9 inch made by place here local. Dam it was a lot of work, but beat the price for someone to do it. I used coil overs from alston as well. This was put in over 10 years ago now so don't know what kits they even have any more. I did have a guy that I knew do the tin work, as I didn't have all the right tools.
:notworth: :notworth: :thumblef:

Keith Mopar said:

Your tires look wider then your complete air space centre section :thumblef: So....How many HP and RPM you need to get those meats turning?? :joker:

With the Big Block (440) she weight's 3180 lbs. with driver. Best quater is 10.96 with 124 mph. That is with the slicks. We had 2 holley 660's on it then. 12.5 comp. Ran it to 6000 rpm. We had nitrous plumbed inthe intake and never made a pass with it. We are now hoping to run it on the street. We went to TTI headers, single 950 Demon, and took the compression down to 10:1. But we are armed with the nitrous. Hopfully we have it back to the track this year, ya I know it'll be slower, but driving that on the street was great. So we made it more streetable, with the huge micky's.

Keith Mopar said:
With the Big Block (440) she weight's 3180 lbs. with driver. Best quater is 10.96 with 124 mph. That is with the slicks. We had 2 holley 660's on it then. 12.5 comp. Ran it to 6000 rpm. We had nitrous plumbed inthe intake and never made a pass with it. We are now hoping to run it on the street. We went to TTI headers, single 950 Demon, and took the compression down to 10:1. But we are armed with the nitrous. Hopfully we have it back to the track this year, ya I know it'll be slower, but driving that on the street was great. So we made it more streetable, with the huge micky's.

Great :thumblef: Watching all you guys run at the drags are exciting. But there's nothing like a nice power house big block being able to go for a weekend cruise "snapping necks" (That's what it's all about) and makes for a car show were ever your at :salut:

-
Back