( FOUND ) 1966 or 67 Mopar Parts catalog

-

68 CUDA FORMULA S

Reaction score
Is there anyone out there that has a 1966 or 67 Mopar parts catalog that can look up a part and part number for me?
I am trying to find out the part number for either the vacuum fitting or the plug or both that goes into the large vacuum port that's right behind the carb (please look at the pictures) on the 273 California CAP intake manifold #2536771 you can see the plug in the third picture.
Thanks
Bob

001.JPG

002.JPG

100_5147.JPG

Grab one at the hardware store(brass)

Mymopar.com has downlodable parts catalog.

Look for oil drain plug.

Try ebay, google, or take your specs to a machine shop and have one made.

I bet someone here would have one on an unused intake, try a wanted ad probably get it a lot cheaper

As mentioned mymopar.com has a ton of manuals info. The amount of times we direct people there is incredible. We should have a literature forum.

Is there anyone out there that has a 1966 or 67 Mopar parts catalog that can look up a part and part number for me?
I am trying to find out the part number for either the vacuum fitting or the plug or both that goes into the large vacuum port that's right behind the carb (please look at the pictures) on the 273 California CAP intake manifold #2536771 you can see the plug in the third picture.
Thanks
Bob

View attachment 1715314863

View attachment 1715314864

View attachment 1715314865

My manifolds do not have that hole... I would try the vacuum nipple for the power brakes to see if the threads are the same....

The vacuum port nipples and hole for them in the intake are usually a 3/8" pipe plug...

You can find aftermarket ones in brass or steel....

I have looked at the mymopar.com parts manuals for both 1966 and 1967 and have not found anything in either one that shows the plug or what ever that port was used for. the manuals show the 273 engine and a break down of the parts but nothing specific on that it's self. The parts manuals don't even show the 2536771 intake manifold. As far as the correct size plugs I have tried the 3/8 pipe plug which is too small, and I have tried the 1/2" pipe plug which is too big those are the only two sizes in pipe plugs that any one carries. I went to an old MA & PA hardware store yesterday to see what they had and PA told me that the 3/8" and 1/2" pipe plugs are all anyone carries and that he doesn't know what to look for. I am going to put up a wanted thread here and see what happens, maybe some of the old wrecking yards might have an old California car with a 273 still in it. Thanks for all the help.
Bob

My intake has the tapped hole but I think it's a blind hole and doesn't go to the inside of the intake. No plug on mine. I had a couple of other 771 intakes and they were the same.

Hey James if you look at the pictures at the top of this thread you will see that I already have the vacuum gauge fitting in it's correct port, the port that I was concerned with is the bigger port that's right behind the carb. Luckily I solved my problem today and now I am all set. I looked up the bolt size today on the net and came up with a company right here in Michigan so I e-mailed them and told them what I was looking for. A guy by the name of Frank called me back from the bolt company ( suburban Bolt ) asked me what I was looking for and told me he had what I needed. He was right, I was looking for a plug or a set screw that was 3/4-10 SAE NC and his company had them he asked me how long and I told him no shorter that 3/4" and what was even better than just having the plug he lived right by me so he brought it home from work and I met up with him. So if anyone needs to plug that port in a 1966/67 273 CAP 4bbl intake manifold you need a plug that is 3/4-10 SAE NC
Thanks for every ones help, problem solved.
Bob

001.JPG

002.JPG

004.JPG

007.JPG

008.JPG

1. Take a 3/4 -10 NC bolt.
2. drill an appropriate sized hole down the center of the threaded section
3. Tap the center to 1/2 -20
4. Cut off about an inch of the threaded section
5. Buy the following or similar https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/...in-plug/65267/4182329?q=oil+drain+plug&pos=40
6. Put some permanent locktite on the 1/2" thread and screw the reducer you made on.
7. apply pipe dope /teflon tape to the 3/4 threads and screw the plug and reducer into the manifold
8. torque to an air tight seal
9. Go have some fun

Or just call Suburban Bolt order a 3/4-10 SAE NC set screw apply blue serviceable lock tight screw it in then go have some fun. You know that bolt would have worked also.
Thanks

glad you found a solution that worked for you. Question...No chance it can loosen and screw into the intake and find its way to the valves?

-
Back