FOUND 65 BARRACUDA FENDER TAG

-

cawley

383 Bcuda
Reaction score
My dad bought a 62 dodge polara in PA. some time ago. In the glove box was a fender tag. Now for many years we had thought it was for the polara. Just the other day my uncle was up & he is very smart when it comes to decoding tags & vins. He didn't have time to look at it in depth. He did tell me that the tag is for a 1965 BARRACUDA 273 4SPD If you are missing yours & can tell me how to identify that the tag I have is yours let me know. Looks like paint code is HH1 copper poly

Last edited:
On the 'abc' tags, you would have to match the SO numbers on the body to the SO number on the tag. (SO - Sales Order number)

I dont have the SO number to match it but one that I have is copper color 273 4 speed.
The paint code is on there some where. Do you know your paint code & do you know where to find the paint code on the tag ?

On the 'abc' tags, you would have to match the SO numbers on the body to the SO number on the tag. (SO - Sales Order number)
On the left bottom of the tag it has the letters SO & there is a one letter & two numbers below that. Is that what you are talking about ?

On the left bottom of the tag it has the letters SO & there is a one letter & two numbers below that. Is that what you are talking about ?

The ABC tags give me a headache, so I have not studied them. The number may include the ones next in line on the tag also though. If you still have my email address, send a photo if you want, or post the tag photo here.

The ABC tags give me a headache, so I have not studied them. The number may include the ones next in line on the tag also though. If you still have my email address, send a photo if you want, or post the tag photo here.
Tried to take some pictures but I cant get any clear ones

Ok now the question is mine is a Commando engine factory due to the cutout in the valance. So if it is the same as my car under the AB will be a 31

Check your radiator support for your SO.
I changed that years ago with one from a / 4 speed that I junked because mine was rusted out on the bottom from sitting in the dirt in NY where I got it. It did come with matching registration papers showing it came from California.

I changed that years ago with one from a / 4 speed that I junked because mine was rusted out on the bottom from sitting in the dirt in NY where I got it. It did come with matching registration papers showing it came from California.
**** no sorry this has 30 under the AB 35 under the DE

-
Back