Found a 383

-

Drg racr

Reaction score
I found a complete 383/727 combo, running, in a '69 New Yorker. It's a 2bbl motor. He's asking $900 for the whole car. Is it worth buying for the drivetrain?

I wish it was near me for $ 900.00 i'd be all over that sounds like a good deal !

Transmission wont fit an A body, long tail shaft. You can get it to fit but requires some work, different output shat and tail shaft housing.

Transmission wont fit an A body, long tail shaft. You can get it to fit but requires some work, different output shat and tail shaft housing.

For cars there is only one tail shaft length.....

some pickup trucks and motor homes might have a different tail shaft..
I have owned 3 Class C dodge power motorhomes..and all have a standard vehicle tail shaft....

I guess i was thinking of the different 727 small block and big block. 34 3/8 for small block and 34 1/2 for big block. Thannks^^^

After pulling the driveline you can probably get almost all your money back selling the rolling body to a demolition derby guy.

I paid $500 for mine with no car. lol came out of a 68 RR. Was std bore, and half assed freshened by someone in their garage. lol well it got totally rebuilt.

I know you are in NY and i'm in Mo, but I figure even here, a running big block 383 or 440 will bring minimum of $500 the trans is worth $100-125. sell a few parts and scrape the carcass and you have done OK. worth a lot to the buyer, to be sitting in a running car.. IMO

-
Back