Found a 440 Motor

-
I'm wanting to get into the high 11's so I thought the 440 was the way to go. But I think I can make it with the 360. I'll just have to work on it.

I'm wanting to get into the high 11's so I thought the 440 was the way to go. But I think I can make it with the 360. I'll just have to work on it.

Lotsa members on here in that time bracket. Pettybludart is running a 360 that's doing pretty damned good.

I think his handle is 70aarcuda...10 sec 360 powered Duster, I believe.

EDIT: The numbers are kinda fuzzy in my head, but I believe for a 3200lb car with well tuned suspension, high 11s would require about 350rwhp...assuming a 15% loss through the drivetrain computes to roughly 420fwhp...definitely doable with an N/A 360. Of course, this also assumes the whole package is pretty well set up...stall, shift points, trans condition, gears, springs...the driver :)

I'm throwing out the disclaimer that those numbers are vague recollections of past events...

I found out the seller wanted extra for the 727 trans. I'll wait a while and see if he'll lower the price. Then maybe I'll buy it and stick it in the corner of the barn for a future build.

400.00 seems fair to me.
I have sold 8 or 10 bare blocks with crank for 500.00 over the last few years when someone comes asking.
Check if it turns over free. And for obvious damage. You could try to get a better deal
from the seller but if I was him I wouldn't budge. Like stated earlier, someone will buy it if you don't.

I have to eat my words. I found and bought a great 440 for 200 here in Indiana. What part are you from? There are a couple 383s and 400s for sale on the Indy craigslist

Damn-that's not a bad deal either if it's complete and turns over, I would ask pick it up and hold it for me, but I don't need any more projects and I'd still have to pay to have it shipped to Texas

Damn-that's not a bad deal either if it's complete and turns over, I would ask pick it up and hold it for me, but I don't need any more projects and I'd still have to pay to have it shipped to Texas

me neither, with 4 engines in the garage, i really dont need any more. :glasses7:

me neither, with 4 engines in the garage, i really dont need any more. :glasses7:

Ha ha!! I know the feeling-at one time I had like 6 or 7 302s in various states of assembly in my garage...only 2 of them were actually mine.

-
Back