Found a donor. Need a Little help sorting it out.

-

Fuglyfish

Reaction score
Ok, have a 69 barracuda. Found a 2wd 84 d350 crew cab and am going to swap in the engine/tranny and narrow the 60. Need to know if the extension housing on the trans is longer on a 2wd truck vs. car (probably a stupid question but the car didnt come with a driveline so I can't compare) and where do I find dimensions for the trans crossmember and motor mounts, I'd like to build solid motor mounts.

Being it's a 1 ton truck I'd say the trans. likely won't work because almost all 1 ton trucks I've seen don't use a slip yoke like a car does. They use a 2 piece driveshaft with the slip yoke in the middle and the front half bolts onto the trans. via yoke assy. Those trans. are also shorter than a car trans by a lot. You can verify this easily by looking at the back of the trans. and seeing if it is a slide in slip yoke style or bolt on driveshaft.

Sorry no dimensions on the crossmember but I have to ask why? It'd be quite a job to build considering you see them in the for sale section quite often fairly cheap. I have a set of solid motor mounts in the garage. I can take some pics and measurements tomorrow and post them.

-
Back