Found a mopar jackpot today

-

racerkilla

Reaction score
well i didn't find it. i was shown it by a customer. The guy about 27ish has been comming since his dad passed away, drives a sabb and a nissan. anyways he saw my cuda with the fake hemi covers and hes like wow they look good. You want to see a real one. I was like no way. he has never mentioned a word about mopar other then nice to the ones i have.

Go to his house about 30 mins away and garage on the back of the property. Never thought anything of it. go inside and wow is all i gave to say. Ta challenger, aar cuda, 70 hemi cuda shaker, 71 hemi cuda, 2 hemi roadrunners, hemi gtx, hemi charger, a few 440+6 cars challenger and cuda. And a few more cars i didnt get to explore. They are all just dusty but with quick wash sure any of them would win a show. all 4 speeds.

He said his dad bought them all back in the day and would restore one for a year or 2...drive it some park it and move onto the next one.

Sorry no pictures i didn't bring a camera. Guy has no idea about cars. I'm gonna mention to him that we get them running and cleaned up. He wont sell them either.

I ran into a guy like that once. I was in search of my 440, had heard about a guy who ran an old Mopar salvage yard long ago but had since crushed or sold most of it. He had quite the collection of Hemi cars in his garage and other Mopars too. Pretty amazing dude.

I'm thinking maybe this could lead to something very cool, if you can get him interested, he could get the cars out and running and driving, it could be a way for his Dad's dream to be enjoyed by himself and others.

Thats too cool.... I met a boy like that once, he had a barn full of 2+2 mustangs (all 4-speeds), shelbys and rag tops that his dad left him.. He had 2 baby blue rag top stangs that came off the assembly line together.. His collection blew my mind...

yea, when he talks about the cars he gets chocked up, doesn't even like to show anyone or let anyone near them. They were his dads and how his dad left them. He has no interest in doing anything with the cars, wont sell because he don't need any money. Only car he said if anything he would like to get going is the blue ta. He also said his mom left because the father was always into the cars and no family life.

I'm not jumping on him to do anything, Ill keep showing him how my build is coming along so he can see i can work on them.

Wow that is really cool that he invited you to see them. You must have earned some level of trust to be given that opportunity. I'm glad to hear you have so much respect for his wishes. Very cool!

yea... he travels a lot. I have no idea the next time ill be back up there but when i do ill take some pictures...

-
Back