Found a picture of a bad day in September 08

-

BadAss71

Let's Go Brandon
Reaction score
This is what happened. Headed home from work cruising along minding my own business. Come up to an intersection doing 45 mph in the left lane. Get about 30 feet from the cross walk and the light turns yellow. As soon as the light went yellow this jackass pulls out and makes a left turn in front of me. He's driving a box van, looks like a uhaul van. I hit him dead center in his passenger side dually wheels. I broke my left knee on the emergency brake handle and my right knee left a big dent in the dash right next to the ash tray. So the cops and fire show up right after I hobble out of my car and to the sidewalk. Emt's check me out and want to take me to the hospital but I declined. The guy gets ticketed and a nice officer gives me a ride home. I had the car towed to my shop where I work and we looked it over the next day. The water pump was broken when the radiator was shoved into it and the frame on the passenger side was pushed down a bit. Other than that it was mostly sheet metal damage. Well long story short his insurance company took care of me and wrote me a check for the car. Thank god I had an appraisal done on it or else I would have been screwed. Its come a long way from that fateful day in september 08, and I love the car even more now!

Rough beginning but damn, that is a sweet looking car. More pixs please=P~

Thanks guys! Yes, the taillights came from a 70 roadrunner, and it took a hell of a lot of work to make them look right. The car is going through a couple of changes currently. The hood is being totally changed, and the rear go wing is coming off. Im going for more of a custom look vs stock as you can see. I have to finish the interior still but its fun as hell to drive in the mean time!

What are you going do with the interior? I found a place that still has NOS of the interior materials. So later on I might cover some modern buckets with the original cloth and vinyl to match my rear seats.

Someone definitely took their time on that paint job. Looks awesome!
Thanks! My good friend chris who owns Elite Automotive Finishes here in Mesa did the final prep and paint, it turned out great. He does great work at an affordable price.
What are you going do with the interior? I found a place that still has NOS of the interior materials. So later on I might cover some modern buckets with the original cloth and vinyl to match my rear seats.
I plan on doing the same. Going with newer charger seats with the srt8 seat foam. Thinking black vinyl with suade inserts. I want to modernise it without taking away the muscle car look.

Thanks for all the kind words guys, it means alot. My knee is doing great, just doesn't like cold weather. Thank god I live in the threashold of hell! aka phoenix lol

Tell us about that carb set up, is it sweet?

I was just talking about that carb set up with another member tonight at a car show and was wondering how pricey they are.

Tell us about that carb set up, is it sweet?

I was just talking about that carb set up with another member tonight at a car show and was wondering how pricey they are.
It's the Fast Ez EFI kit. It will support up to 500 horsepower with the injectors and fuel pump that it comes with. It's a self learning system that can be bolted on any four barrel intake, you just program the engine size and a few other specs and it adjusts itself with the wideband 02 sensor in the exhaust. It works really well, I love the driveability. You can also program the temp you want the fans to come on if running an electric fan setup and it takes care of the rest. I bought the whole kit for around $1900. Not cheap but looks really cool and works awesome.

Thanks! My good friend chris who owns Elite Automotive Finishes here in Mesa did the final prep and paint, it turned out great. He does great work at an affordable price.

I plan on doing the same. Going with newer charger seats with the srt8 seat foam. Thinking black vinyl with suade inserts. I want to modernise it without taking away the muscle car look.

I photoshopped a Corbeau seat to have the same materials the Scamp has.
My Mustang has black leather and gray suede inserts. I like the suede because it doesn't get too hot or cold.

Sweet ride! I first saw your car at MATS earlier this year and talked to you then about it. Posted pics here on FABO following MATS.
Sure didn't know at the time that the origin of the build was so bad.
Great job. What's the plan for the hood?

-
Back