Found another car! 27,000 mile Challenger Rallye

-

66340SEDAN

FABO Member #3649
Reaction score
I found this car on my delivery route today, 73 or 74 Challenger Rallye. 1 owner car, says it only has 27,000 original miles, last on the road in the 80's. The body has some very minor rust, only needs the very lower quarters worked on, one front fender has some rust at the bottom, floors, frame, hood, doors, are all solid, also no rust underneath the hood or on the inner fenders. 318 car, runs, 8 3/4 rear end, has a black interior, slap stik auto on the floor, rallye dash, 150 mph speedo and tach, dash and door panels are nice. The body has some scratches and minor dents but it still has the original paint! There is a big dent in the center of the roof like someone set something heavy on it or stood on it, looks like it would pop right out, it also has a vinal roof. The car is complete and is not missing anything, all 100% stock except for the one Keystone mag wheel. Hopefully I can look at this better car tommorrow, I didn't get a price but the guy needs money so hopefully it is not too much. I have always liked the 72-74 Challengers, I wasn't looking for one but I have to check this car out more, nice original car to restore! What would it be worth? Sorry for the crappy pics, they were taken on my cell phone.

Wish me luck guys!!! :cheers:

achally2.jpg

achally3.jpg

achally1.jpg

acally.jpg

worth more than that but if he really wants the money you may pick it up cheap I would trade my firebird or my dart for that car i want it

I am not sure but I am going to say over 6 grand the way they are being looked for and not found unless you want to pay over 10 grand and up to 30 grand. To see on in full dress from factory is sweet Keith =P~=P~=P~

Keith, looks like that could be the original spare on the front right; although my 73 Road Runner came with General Scrambler rwl tires. Good find, looks to be considered minimal rust for any part of the country. God bless you, Wayne

Better keep an eye on it and if resonable priced pick it up! And its a plus that its a low mile car. Keep us posted on it as i don't think you can go wrong if the price is right.
Matt

I say at least 6000.00. Is it a G or H code?

Looks like a 74. Could have a 360. toolman

What a nice score! You lucky guy. Not many left with those very low miles and all complete, esp with all the Rallye gear and black interior. I'd say most likely a 74, if it was a 73 with all that gear it would most likely have had the 340. If it was a 360 it should have the 360 4 barrel badges on the hood. Also i think they had the blacked out grille on the 73 Rallye but dropped it on the Rallye 74. They were getting lazy by that stage. Its got a 318 with the 8 3/4. Wow. Prob had aircon as well? And power steer.? I also have a 73 340 Rallye along with my Valiant Hardtop.

Even though i'm in Australia and not up with your prices, i'd guess with those ultra low miles and condition (but in your recession), maybe $7k tops? BUt if you could pick it up for less than $5,000 you'll be doing well. Tell him its "only" a 318 which makes its slightly less valuable.

I'm still waiting for the jackass with the 63 fury to call. Keith if you really want it, go over with some cash in hand. Start at 3g's and see what happens. If it is sitting out somebody is gonna see it and snatch it. Good luck.

I agree w/ Moparker. Go there w/ cash.
Oh, and don't forget pics for the BABES thread!
-- WANTED: Chally Babe for Mopar Babes thread.

Well, I talked to the guy today and looked at the car again, the price is a little high for me at $8,700. The guy did buy it brand new 73 and it does have 27,000 original miles, car does run, he also has the other 2 rallye wheels for the car. The car is better that the pics show, maybe it is worth the asking price but I was hoping more around $6,000 or less, oh well! In a way I was hoping it would either be cheap or high priced, looks like I don't have to spend more money. There will always be more...8)

I Think Its A Killer Price,if It Is What You Say,, Motor Doesnt Matter Ide Try To Scrape The Money Together,,or You Wil Be Kicking Your Self,,,

Hi Kieth,nice find!I think 6K for that car would be a very good deal(27,000 miles)I would love to have,but I have 2 already.I know that car would fetch around 20K up around these parts no problem.It just needs a BB and it would be an amazing car!It,s a shame you can,t get it,oh well there,ll be another.

-
Back