found another Roadrunner

-

Oldmanmopar

Going left turning right
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I talked to the owner today and he wants my Excavator. He is coming to look at Thursday. I will see his car by the weekend. It was his fathers who started the project that he ended up with. He is into Mustangs and has no interest in this car. It is all there just in pieces . Hoping to get it. If it is not repairable I will at least get a lot more parts that I am looking for for mine. It was a bucket seat 4spd. car. He told me his Dad was driving it one year ago.Here is the add discription.

1971 roadrunner it is a project car have new quarter panels inner and outer wheel tubs the car has a 440 and six pack with a 4 speed transmission car last ran about a year ago before restoration was started

00707_c8L8Weds0e4_600x450.jpg

Looks like a project alright, but a bucket 4 speed could be well worth the effort. Like AJ said, you're getting lucky with your searching lately! Be interesting to see if it is a 440 car, dana, etc.

He is giving cash and the Roadrunner. My excavator is valued at around 30k. I really don't use it and my next door neighbor has a backhoe I can use anytime. I am keeping my skid loader and all attachments. I use that all the time.

I could buy a car done. But where is the fun in that. And unless its sun-kist you never know whats lurking inside. LOL.

I want a fully loaded orange 1971 Roadrunner to match my Duster.. Then a 440+6 shaker cuda. It has to be fuel injected pump gas car I can drive anywhere any time without a worry . I cannot find one for the price I'll build this for. They have to be Orange and black

Everything will be done here not one thing sent out to any shops but ours. My son is the best. Although I am sure every father feels the same about there own. I was on a roll with my 4 spd Duster but it got old because I have a Duster. My wife and I met in my 1970 roadrunner air grabber car. and I had several since. I also had a real nice Winchester gray 71 air grabber 4spd. I didn't have it long because of the kids needed Diapers.

My first car was a 69 R/T trac-pack in 1971 and then another in 73 and a conv. in 80. sure do miss some of the cars I Turned and wrecked. But it was a blast. The reason I went to small blocks is My friend had a 69 swinger 4spd W2 456's what a little rocket. Maybe that is why I like 2-strokes. Once your bitten by these little rockets you always have to have one. But I want a Big Block stroker and an air grabber 4spd. It is on my bucket list . If only I would have kept one of the cars we had but I didn't. I have albums of cars we owned that would makes me sick. So I have to build one more to keep.

gtx3[1].jpg

gtx7[1].jpg

scan0015[1].jpg

scan0006[1].jpg

scan0007[1].jpg

scan0015[1].jpg

xrt1[1].jpg

xrt2.jpg

xrt3.jpg

69%204spd%20dart[1].jpg

back3[1].jpg

scan0012.jpg

I will say, I'm kind of partial to the 71 body style, myself. If the deal makes sense to you, and it's what you want, then have at it. good luck. take plenty of pics of the rebuild, I'm sure we'd all enjoy them.

Well went to look at the roadrunner this morning. It is a 383 4spd car . It is all there but in pieces. There is a 440sixpack motor HP2 with the car. 323 sure grip rear, complete 4spd set up. It comes with 2 new mopar quarters, 4 wheel houses. trunk drop downs, deck filler panel. Nice Hood. and deck lid, fenders are solid a the doors are so so . Isomere bumper factory tach and reverse light in the dash. 323 sure grip. all black bucket seat interior. His father had it since 1974 and he passed last year, 4 15 inch rallies. I am picking it up in two weeks when he gets it out of the garage it is buried. I will sell ever thing but the body and the 4spd. set up I don't need the motor rear or interior. Motor is fresh looked in with scope. I now have three and all the parts I need except the stripe kit. I will sell the auto Roadrunner car when the title is here. I am going to look at a stripped GTX for the Dana on Wed. That car is toast and has been raped for everything but the Dash an rear. I will post pics when I can . I just got a call for a Tow . Gotta go

This is the first one I bought in Jersey. 383 auto on column real nice doors and floors. Quarters have small lower rust. Going to be sold after I take what I want. springs and housing are staying. as are the doors. These are pics as it was on Craigs list been in my shed.

71 road runner1.jpg

71 road runner2.jpg

71 road runner3.jpg

71 road runner4.jpg

71 road runner5.jpg

71 road runner7.jpg

71 road runner8.jpg

71 road runner9.jpg

This is the one I got today where it sits. It is also a 383 but 4spd. six pack motor came with it but is a 383 car.

DSCN2571.JPG

DSCN2573.JPG

DSCN2574.JPG

DSCN2575.JPG

DSCN2576.JPG

-
Back