Found build sheet + bonus card

-

snailpower

Reaction score
Digging in some interior stuff this weekend and was super excited to find my cars broadcast sheet, 2 of them as a matter of fact under the carpet in the back seat. One of them is in near perfect condition which matches the cars low mileage and dry california life.

I also found another weird card that i haven't seen anything posted about, anyone know what it is? "quality?"

Came from a 72 scamp.

FullSizeRender-3.jpg

IMG_8091.JPG

FullSizeRender-4.jpg

FullSizeRender-2 copy.jpg

FullSizeRender-2.jpg

That is a computer punch card.
It is what they used before modern operating systems and PCs.

i figured that much but was wondering what part of the build process it came from or if it was a dealer/ delivery type thing.

Either way pretty cool to see.

When the car order was placed & received by Chrysler, the IBM codes were generated.

When it came time to actually start the cars build, the card was inserted into the card reader & broadcast sheets would have been printed at close to 80 different areas throughout the assembly plant.

This printed 'broadcast' let each sub-assembly area know what parts they needed to get to the main line to complete this cars build correctly.

Great finds!

wow thats pretty cool, so is the little card unusual to see? Seems like something that is unlikely to stay with the car through the process.

Great find! Where did you find the card?
I found a build sheet tucked in the springs of my rear seat back. Hoping to find more.

the card was under the carpet beneath the drivers seat. I haven't peeled the whole carpet back, only portions so i am interested to know what else is in there.

-
Back