Found me a gremlin

-

diymirage

HP@idle > hondaHP@redline
Reaction score
With the seasons changing I've been putting the plow truck through the paces

I found it had a strange issue, wel several, really

The first thing I noticed was that my back up light were not working properly

No big deal, I'm running a few LED spots hooked up to the OEM back up wiring, so maybe I over did it with that
I drew a new line from the fuse box, and all is well again

Around the same time I noticed I lost my tail lights, and brake lights

The real kicker is, when I put on a single turn signal, both of them come on very faintly

I did some research and found there is something called a "g400" grounding point on the frame and that one can cause some issues when it be becomes a lil corroded
So I crawled under there and found this

20221012_080935.jpg

That spot is about 2 foot from my rear plow motor, which has a 2 gauge wire running back up to the battery

So I extended that ground out, and grounded it out on the ground lug on that pump...and just like that EVERYTHING works again

Long story short, check your grounds guys

Still great for the frame cleanup for the new one. I have a set with 1/8-5/16 pilots I put together, but I do a lot of electrical work. They last a long time. Found out about them when I was USAF

Still great for the frame cleanup for the new one. I have a set with 1/8-5/16 pilots I put together, but I do a lot of electrical work. They last a long time. Found out about them when I was USAF
Except for the fact I attached the new one to the negative lug of the rear plow pump, right on top of the 2 gauge wire running straight to the battery

-
Back