Found my build sheet

-

ahldo1

Reaction score
I found my build sheet behind the rear seat, It is torn off just below line 9. Can i get this info from some where with the info I have at the top of the build sheet? in other words can i get a build sheet remade with the info on top it is mostly legible but is in poor shape the fender tag was missing when I bought the car but I didnt care as I knew the car I was the 2nd owner 18 years ago and Its definatly #'s matching just want to be able to show it legitly and also fender tag repro. if possible?Also Can I find production #s anywhere this car is a 1973 340 4spd car gold in color blk side stripes w/340 on 1/4's it has power brakes, no power steering, no Air conditioning, black interior w/buckets, rally rims, and dual exhaust w/chrome tips I seem to remember someone telling me this combo was a fairly low production car but who knows? any help would be great. I am restoring this car and want to know this info for conversation sake. Thanks again for any info.

You should look in more places to see if there is another broadcast sheet somewhere. Above glove box, under front seat, under carpet. That would solve most of your problem with the build codes for the reproduction fender tag.
As far as how many are produced in 1973, I'll go grab my Galen G books and look it up. Should be farirly low, especially compared to Chevy levels.

Check with GTS (Galen Tag Service) [email protected] 608 326 6346.

Expect to pay out your nose, be treated like you dont know anything and have to wait for him to get around to helping.

Unfortunately, with no fender tag and part of the build sheet missing your s.o.o.l.

You can down load build sheets from the Moparts web site but they dont look factory correct and you need to fill them out your self.

Maybe you will get lucky and find another sheet some place.

Thanks guys, what should I do with the b/sheet I have if its the only one thats in the car do I laminate it to preserve it or what?

I have always laminated mine, however it it is tore up like yours is be very, very, very careful. It could easily get laminated witha crease or something in it.

I personally would NOT laminate the original, scan it and laminate the copy.
Put the original in a plastic pouch, then store it in a filing cabinet between cardboard.
In other words preserve the original in as found condition.

Like Adam said:
You can down load build sheets from the Moparts web site but they dont look factory correct and you need to fill them out your self.

With lines #9, #10 and #11 missing, you are missing most of the trim codes, as you will be able to tell from the blank sheet (1971 is the latest they have).

Good luck.

I took all of my stuff to Office Depot, had them color copy them and laminate the copies. The originals are in my file cabinet. Here are the copies.

keys resized.jpg

009 resized.jpg

I found one of mine under the back seat which was in poor shape.
Found another one behind the panel on the back of one of the bucket seats intact with a few holes but readable.
If you find it Paddock has production code books from 1962 up to 1980 so you can decode it yourself. They cost about $15.00
The one I got also has some production figures also.

good luck in your search!

Tom

-
Back