FRAME CONNECTORs FOR 66 Barracuda - HELP

-

66cuda

2011Armada K of C 1st PL
Reaction score
SOMEWHERE ( and not over the rainbow )
I saw a set of early A body frame connectors, production type( not custom made), that had the unusual rear shovel shape to fit around the rear flooring of the 66 Barracuda and for the life of me I cannot remember where?!?!?!? I
could have sworn it was at Mancicni's which is right down the
street...called them & asked if they had them in stock....."never heard of
them!" was the answer!!! Holy COW?!?!? my cheese is starting to slide off
my cracker!!!!??? OLD age hallucinations? I dont think so.... Damn it...I
KNOW I saw these things and if I saw them somebody else must have too.....
Send me a link or directions or a name and I will take it from there.....in
the meantime I will still be searching.....I have a pretty tight deadline so
I can use all the help I can get PDQ
Z.

You can do a search here and find a pic of a form fitting set but the only problem was, at the time, they were not available for A-bodies. Mike

I May not have been clear.....I saw pictures in an AD showing a pic of them and the price was like $198 or $200.......the ad very clearly showed the narrowed/shoveled rear section to fit the floor....they are out there.....its just going to take a while to remember or re-find the site I was visiting

66, I wonder if you might be thinking about torque boxes. They are shovel shaped and weld in front of rear frame connecting frame with rocker panel area. I think Mancini may sell them also. Mike

If I'm not mistaken yours are like the Valiants and are the short ones, the Darts are the 111" wheel base. I used these on my car and had to do vary little trimming on the box (shovel as you called it) on the end.

MOPAR - "A" body - 108" wheel base

$124.95
MOPP4286868

Mancini Racing

chucker54_1946_60428016.gif

moparlee said:
If I'm not mistaken yours are like the Valiants and are the short ones, the Darts are the 111" wheel base. I used these on my car and had to do vary little trimming on the box (shovel as you called it) on the end.

MOPAR - "A" body - 108" wheel base

$124.95
MOPP4286868
Same for mine

Mopar LEE....you were right I got the short ones and the modifications were brief & easy...they are in and they look factory.....I am pleased I asked before I took action....also installed the anti sawy bars front & rear from "just suspension" pretty easy if you have a very good drill motor and good bits....she is almost ready to go to the paint shop.....I just need to weld in the brackets for the console & shifter..... trying to fit them using an old console andone have a measurment for the hole or the placement of the shifter bracket?
thanks ALL

-
Back