Frame Rail Compatibility Question

-

demon34071

FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the the front frame rails, torsion bar frames, inner fenders and rad support can be transplanted from a 74 Dart Swinger into a 72 Demon?

I know the rad support has different wholes cut in it etc... but I'm okay with that.

I can't see why they are not the exact same? can anyone confirm my thoughts.

Thanks

I would measure and make sure all of them are the same and even cross measure, I replaces a frame rail on my car and 65-66 is the only thing that would work the, width if the frame rails and position of the arms are the same I would measure really good

I would measure and make sure all of them are the same and even cross measure, I replaces a frame rail on my car and 65-66 is the only thing that would work the, width if the frame rails and position of the arms are the same I would measure really good

Your car is prior to the 67-76 models... So I would expect it to be different... but the models that fall into the 67-76 A-bodies these parts should be compatible..

The basic rail is the same. There may be some attachment points that are slightly different, possibly, front bumper brackets.

The basic rail is the same. There may be some attachment points that are slightly different, possibly, front bumper brackets.

The front bumper bracket mounting points to the frame rail are identical as well... The brackets and bumper I am sure are different, but from everything I can see its all the same...

The only differences I am seeing are in the rad support large holes.... But I can work around that...

The 74 rails depending on build date may have the brackets welded to the front for the front bumper absorbers which can be taken off and there is also a different bolt on position for the back position mounting of the absorbers

-
Back