Fresh owner of a 74 Duster. The journey has already been wild. Aluminum Slant find as well

-
Reaction score
Howdy folks. Just got a great deal on a 74 Gold Duster(Space). Interior of great with the Caravan Tan interior.
Car was a daily driver for a. 80 year old man who was the OG owner. All stock. Slant 6 225
IMG_1565.jpeg

IMG_1571.jpeg
In my quest to get a lil more power I found an old guy who had an offy intake manifold for 4 barrel. Also was an /6 engine that was included for another $100. Turns out it’s an aluminum /6 with the cast iron head. He says it sat under a tree for several years.

Here’s some photos of what we found breaking it down to inspect for the dreaded water jacket cancer. We found an science experiment going on in the head. Under the cylinder head was actually nice and oily in side. Old guy threw in a NOS cast iron cylinder head. Same ⭐️Special⭐️ that goes along with the aluminum /

IMG_5341.jpeg

IMG_1706.jpeg

IMG_1704.jpeg

IMG_1705.jpeg

IMG_1708.jpeg

Last edited:
:welcome: from :canada:

Car looks pretty good, but the rest of it......
Hahahha.. yeah i got the othe engine just cuz i thought it was rare and special. Still believe there maybe hope for it after all. Would be nice to shave some lbs off the system with an aluminum intake and exhaust manifold as well.

Thst's pretty gnarly.

-
Back